A Mayflower's Musings

Monday, November 30, 2009

Christmas Lessons

Is November over yet?:)

I signed myself up to post everyday this month and it has been SO fun! Though, some mom? out there wisely chose November and not December for the National Blog Month. Because I woke up today feeling life on a faster pace and the to-do list for this week made me want to stay in my cozy bed all day. (I finally crawled out at 7:15am...we leave for Kindergarten at 7:45am - eek!)

Although I have loved this and it had surprising rewards...I am ready for a break.

Until I post again, I shall leave you with two kid-inspired Christmas Lessons. It's best I tell you these now, so you can keep them in your pocket all month.

1. After Halloween, Maisie and I went into WalMart and she was awed by all the Christmas stuff up- you've all seen the displays...singing Santas, 40 lighted fake trees, the yummy scented pinecones etc etc. I will never forget buckling her in her carseat that morning and having her say, "Mommy, are they selling Christmas?"

Lesson - People, this December, let's not set out to "BUY Christmas". It's just not necessary. I think God tried to tell us Oregonians that last year with the snow...and again this year with the economy. Christmas is about celebrating Christ and our love for each other.

2. The other day we were riding in the van and Daphne was in the backseat singing Joy to The World. I wasn't paying attention to her completely, but I knew she was in song mode. All of a sudden she says, "Hey Mom,,,is it Lord or Lloyd?"

Oh, my...

Lesson - Our kids may have gone to church there whole entire tiny lives and we may be doing prayers at bedtime too. But let's purposefully teach them about the Lord this Christmas.

4 comments:

Growing Good Golfers said...

I've enjoyed your daily posts!

Happy McNally Mom said...

I have enjoyed reading your daily posts so much. Don't take to long of a break.

KLB said...

They are tucked in my pocket! I love how kids can put it straight for us!

Lynn said...

Well said!