A Mayflower's Musings

Sunday, November 22, 2009

BLESSINGS














Those pictures tell a bit of the "Blessings Banner" story. It was really fun to put that together for "my girls". As always, it took me longer than expected...but I loved giving them this gift for their Thanksgiving holiday.

"My girls" know a lot more of the story and the blessing they were to me that day...but that's just for us to know. There was some prayin' going on that morning in the church kitchen:).

Most of all, I want to thank my wonderful mom. She IS my blessing again and again. Unceasing, she is the woman behind other people's glory. She came over TWICE last week, unasked, to watch my girls so that I could finish this project. She never once even saw the craft - but she was there downstairs playing "school" with my girls. I wouldn't have even cared if she turned on a movie, but no, they were in full pretend mode.

Her life is filled with service to others - all behind the scenes/very little acknowledgement/just honest to goodness Godly help.

This week, Thanksgiving week - I will be remembering my BLESSINGS - and I already know they are all the people in my life who show me LOVE.

Thanks Mom - you blessed my group!

6 comments:

Growing Good Golfers said...

It was a fun and gorgeous project! I always get to come home from mom's group and impress my hubby! Thank your mom from me too.

Moon Dance Ranch said...

Yes I was able to impress my hubby and boys. It looks great and will be a good reminder as we are hosting my family for TDay. Thank your mom for me too!
Thanks for putting in all the time and energy to make me look good.
Love you~

Moon Dance Ranch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynn said...

Oh, I am sooooo sorry I missed it....it is soooo beautiful, what a great project! Have a great thanksgiving if i don't see you before then!

Unknown said...

Another fabulous craft from our fabulous leader!!! xoxo, Jes

Stefanie said...

Good morning!!

What a joy and surprise I had this morning when I read your blog article!
Thank you for your kind and precious words--I really do enjoy playing with the girls!
They are a joy to me, just as you and Mike and all my children. I consider myself very blessed!!!

Your banner looks so cute--did each of the girls in your group make one of their own?
You certainly have a great group of ladies, and that's so sweet. It's so nice to have
folks you can share with--your faith, your worries, your joys!

Love you, and Have a great day~~I'm off to get ready for the day.
God bless.
Mom