A Mayflower's Musings

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Turkey Days

This summer we were outside A LOT like everyone else. Daphne even mastered her bike riding without training wheels. Summer temps give way to so many great things for kids.

But as much as I love the sun and dread the inevitable cabin fever being a stay at home mommy of little ones...I do cherish the way the indoors and the holidays together inspire me to be creative with the kids.

With a rainy weekend and an absent (hunting) spouse...turkeys made their appearance!




Daphne is spelling a lot of words on her own. I am so proud of her to be getting beginning, middle and end sounds!!





My kids are not the average pb and j lovers. It takes me getting the cookie cutters out and then they ate their sandwich, even in a new kind of bread! Whatever it takes I tell ya.

4 comments:

February Jill said...

What lucky girls to have such a creative mama!

Jill

crystalkupper said...

Wow, Daphne's doing really great with her letters and sounds! She'll be reading Amelia Bedelia before you know it!

Unknown said...

Super cute Turkey idea! Did Ruby help too? I can't believe the girls at that super healthy bread! :)

Sara said...

I love these turkey ideas...have to copy ya soon. No baby yet...ugh!