A Mayflower's Musings

Saturday, November 28, 2009

I Missed a Day!


Last night, after family movie night (a cute cute movie called Blizzard), Mike tucked the girls in bed and said he had 3 hrs of work to do in his office (our new routine). I kinda new that was coming, so earlier when I went out to buy the movie, I went into Safeway and purchased a Creme Brulee Latte in hopes that while Mike plugged away, I could too in the realm of laundry, dishes and dust. See we were thinking about getting our Christmas tree today, and I have qualms about decorating in a trash hole of a house.

So that was my plan - clean until late and be ready for the next day. But I guess the coffee didn't work, because instead of cleaning I decided to warm up with a crossword puzzle - and fell asleep on the couch.

Mike woke me up and dragged me to bed. As I lay there praising the Lord for flannel sheets, terror streaked through my body as I realized I hadn't posted yet. But, sorry there was no way I was getting out of bed at that point.

I did think about it, but I knew if I did, I would plunge myself into the world of one of those "If you give a mouse, moose, pig a _______, then you are going to have to..... children's books"

Eg - If you wake to go do your blog post, you might as well finish that online test you are taking for a new job, and once you finish that, you may as well, pull the clothes out of the laundry and fold them, and once you fold those clothes you might as well stumble into the kitchen and do the dinner dishes...etc.

My heart and soul weren't willing to play along. Thus no blog post - not the end of the world.

No comments: