A Mayflower's Musings

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

November 9 - A Different Number Game

Shortly after birth I had a "moment" that made me chuckle. I had a dentist appointment when Henry was around 3 weeks old. It was going to be a long one, so I arranged that a friend would watch Maisie and Ruby that morning. Then Daphne woke up with a funny reaction on her face, so we kept her home. Not knowing what was going on with D, I decided to keep her with me during the appointment and figured she could help with Henry if he got upset.

So as I drove away from my friends that am, a new realization HIT.... I had just dropped off two of my kids....but I still had two kids with me. It was like, wow, we have a lot of children:) ...a great feeling, but a funny thought.

Those moments keep occurring....another time, Mike took Ruby and Daphne to work with him on a Saturday. I believe Maisie wasn't feeling well. When he got home he asked if that had helped me a lot. And it HAD, but let's face it..I still had two at home with me. I guess it's just our new reality - a new normal.

This weekend, Mike was sick so he kept Rubes and Maisie home from church with him, and I took Daphne and Henry with me. (do you see all the different combinations we can make now..ha!)

Here are some good pics of my charges:






I have to add that it's a blessing to have such a hands-on daddy to our children and such involved grandparents, because even though it would be hard for me to give all 4 of them enough attention...with this team I have, the kids are indeed LOVED to the brim!

2 comments:

crystalkupper said...

Henry looks so different than when I held him in the hospital! Can't wait to see him again.

Candi said...

Henry has grown so much, just like Crystal said. He is one handsome little dude, just like his daddy was when he was a little boy :-) So glad you have lots of support and love, as it is a handful with four children, but you'll never be sorry, and you may even wish you had more. I can totally relate......