A Mayflower's Musings

Monday, November 7, 2011

November 7: A Sunday Walk












The author of the book I've been reading is the wife of a farmer, in Mennonite country up in Canada. So, I've been enjoying and coveting her life and the life her kids get to enjoy....one of barn chores before breakfast, her husband the "Farmer" coming in for breakfast after feeding 600 sows, harvest days, and even her homeschooling environment.

I have to be careful that I don't desire HER life, but the life the Lord has in store for me and mine.

But anyway, yesterday Mike and I took the kids and dog for a great walk at a nearby and yet fairly unknown park in the woods. Gus got to be off-leash (shhh!) and girls got to tromp and run over leaf covered paths. The brilliant fall sun burst in here and there through hundred year old trees. I took up the caboose and snapped away.
It made me realize that although my kids attend public school, and live in a small city complete with 2 McDonalds, a Starbucks and movie theater...we are fortunate to have many outdoor opportunities available too.

We can create the family climate we want in our own little way. We all decided that this would be our new Sunday afternoon routine!

2 comments:

crystalkupper said...

I'd die if I couldn't get outside. Good for you.

Glory Laine said...

Sounds so perfect. Love for you to show me the secret forest someday.