A Mayflower's Musings

Monday, November 14, 2011

The Day After

Today I have been so tired. I have been fairly unproductive and a step behind in everything we set out to do. Daphne was 1 minute late to school, Maisie was 2 minutes late to school, picked up the girls 2 minutes late at the end of their day, I haven't showered (don't tell my husband, he thinks that's gross!), and I've gone thru the day giving up on the things on my list, rather than checking them off my list.

Does that happen to you after you have a big project, activity, etc? It seems the excitement and adrenalin always keeps me going and then afterward I plummet.

I'm not being negative. I'm just being observant. And trying to rally through the rest of my day too, without having a cup of coffee.

Here is what I haven't accomplished today and not surprising the thorns in my side every day:

treadmill workout
2 hrs of internet job
folding and putting away HUGE pile of laundry

Here is what I have done:

invited the neighbor girl over to play when Ruby asked...helped them with their dress up clothes and hair-do's

breastfed, burped, changed, rocked 2 month old Henry (REPEAT 4x)

helped make a turkey into a cute mermaid for Maisie's family homework project

made meals and snacks for kids

held M when she got hurt 3x today (one was hurt feelings)

dishes

20 minute nap


There's always tomorrow.

1 comment:

crystalkupper said...

Dude, showers are so overrated. It's too late for Mike to leave you now. Don't worry. ;-)