A Mayflower's Musings

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

November 22 - Lost and Found








Yesterday I lost all the pictures on my computer due to a nasty virus. Are you familiar with the term "depths of despair"? That's how I felt. Today the computer guy in town, victoriously cleaned my computer and salvaged all my files. And my heart soared. I'm sure you've felt that way before too; when something very special to you was lost and the hope to find it was a dismal at best....and then there was a minor miracle and you FOUND that special item. I felt like celebrating and I definitely looked at all my pictures again - happy for each one of them retrieved.

There were Disneyland pictures, summer at the lake pictures, birthday party pictures, delivery pictures, newborn pictures and Thanksgiving and Christmas last year too. All day yesterday I kept telling myself, "you have your memories still and your blogged pictures too".."it's not the end of the world Stefanie". Self-talk helps. All those things were true and yet I still wouldn't let go of the possibility that I would get them back.

I don't think you've seen these ones of Henry. He looks so tiny in them now. I can't believe how he's grown. At 2 months he had gained about 7 lbs since birth, and he hasn't slowed down. He is smiling a lot and tries to babble, but it seems like the girls were much better at getting the coos out. He just started sleeping through the night (do I dare even write that in fear that it doesn't stay that way for long?) He loves his swing the best out of all sleeping spots. When he is awake he doesn't love to be on the ground on his blanket for long. I still hold him a lot, and sometimes I even manage to rock him and do my computer job at the same time. He looks a LOT like his daddy now. And his favorite song is Home on The Range - although Mike changed the words to include hunting terms. Who can blame the guy who's been putting up with Barbie movies and ballet performances for many years? The girls love on him and fight over him all day long. It's a wonderful problem to have as a mother. I'm so thankful I could give them a baby to ooh and ahh over. We love him so much!

2 comments:

crystalkupper said...

He's just so darn cute I can hardly stand it! So glad you got your pictures back.

Dan and Charity Smith said...

So precious Stef! Can't wait to see you and your sweet littles. I'm so glad you got your pics back. That happened to us a few years ago, it was so sad! ((hugs)) Happy Thanksgiving, Love Char