A Mayflower's Musings

Friday, November 25, 2011

November 25 ~ I Hope He Knows





Tomorrow is my dad's birthday..he would have been 62. I guess that is one thing I've learned; when you lose someone dear, time is marked on their birthday and the day they passed. It still feels really strange that he is gone. I think I reached to call him three times on Thanksgiving to wish him a happy one...

This year I would want him to know how well I am being taken care of by another dad.

Dear Dad,

I hope you know that this summer when I got a speeding ticket while caravanning to McCall, Idaho, Mike's dad drove me the rest of the way and made some judgements about the police officer just to make me feel better (even though it was my fault and I knew it).

I hope you know that this summer when I was nesting, Mike's dad came over at my request to fix a lot of things that were broken.

I hope you know that when I was 38 weeks pregnant, Mike's dad called to tell me he was sending their house cleaner over to clean my house - - because he didn't want me to work too hard in my state.

I hope you know that I get out of the blue phone calls from Mike's dad just asking how I am doing.

I hope you know that when I got a flat tire two days ago, Mike's dad came to pick up my van and take it to Les Schwabs. Two days later, he saved the day again when he took it to the tire shop and purchased me four much needed NEW tires and had it detailed. He gave me a bit of a hard time for not having any gas in it when he took it from me...but you would have done the same...it must be a "dad thing".

He and you might get a laugh out of the fact that sometimes I lose my keys or get places late or ..... but I know that when I do silly things like that, it doesn't really matter because I had your heart and I have his too.

How did I get so blessed to have been given the dad that I needed then and the dad that I need now?

Well, Dad you BOTH have my heart for now and forever.

You don't have to worry about me...but you knew that already didn't you?

Love, Rose


Dear Mike,

Thanks for taking such great care of me!

Stefanie Christine

2 comments:

Sara said...

Love!

Stacy said...

It is taking a LOT of control not to cry - more like bawl - since #2 is next to me doing his math. AMAZING!