A Mayflower's Musings

Monday, November 28, 2011

November 28 ~ Sugar and Spice and Everything Ruby









This little almost 4 year old has recently stole my heart all over again. I don't know if it's the book I've been reading, having our last baby, or just her...but I just want to squeeze her in hugs and freeze time. She is in a really cute phase or maybe like I said above, I'm just noticing the cute stuff more?! Here are some things I really want to remember:

A month or so ago, she was at the home of one of our favorite babysitters and on their way back home, she said to Lacey, "I bet you had fun with me today because I'm so pretty". Ha!

She also has an unreasonable fear of bears lately. This at times is cute and most of the time is super annoying. She follows me everywhere and screams bloody murder if she can't find me for just a second. We go over again and again that no bears live in our city...but alas it doesn't seem like reasoning is helping.

This leads us to two other funny moments. I was singing a song to her the other night at bedtime and I interjected my own funny lyrics about "no bears, pirates or wolves are around"...she stopped me and said that "actually mom I like wolves". Okay then.

And supposedly, "I'm only scared on Tuesdays mom"...so every morning she wakes up and asks which day it is. An interesting attempt at bravery that doesn't seem to add up since she really is scared daily. Maybe she's just not used to her sisters being gone.

She can be really whiny and sometimes have an attitude that is new to her personality, and having no naps can make the late afternoon miserable for her and I...but over-all, she has good manners, the sweetest smile, the funniest big girl facial expressions and precious little talking voice.

Oh, and my ultimate favorite Ruby story lately was realizing that she asks to be the "tall sister" every time she plays house (her favorite pretend game). I love that in her little world she views the oldest sister as the "tall one". And even more that she must look up to her big sisters to want to pretend to be them:)

Our friends just found out they are having a third girl and it made me think of how happy I am that we had Ms. Ruby. She is her own unique person...and Mike and I are both so smitten.

Did I mention I think she's a little beauty?

3 comments:

Sara said...

I do, too! The joy of girls. :)

crystalkupper said...

Make sure to write all those funny things down!

Luke e Lindsey in amore said...

That picture of your girls and new baby boy is too die for! you have one seriously beautiful family.