A Mayflower's Musings

Monday, November 12, 2012

Wrapping up September

By now, this post seems very anti-climatic.  I mean, here it is mid November and it's hard to go back even a month and a half and remember all the chaos of September.

It really was wild.  First of all, we moved my mom into an assisted living facility in the last week of August.  That was momentous in and of itself, full of emotions that ranged from sadness to stress.  But at the same time, we were so thankful to have found a wonderful place for her in a very quick amount of time.  The whole month was figuring out what she needed, her transportation needs, and finances and spending lots of time just being with her!

Then on a different front, Henry turned one.  Wow, I couldn't believe it and yet here a whole year had passed since his birth and I was cleaning my house for a big family party!  I think I already covered his party in blogworld, so I won't repeat, but it was very emotional for me.  Birthday preparations didn't stop after Hank's big day, though, soon it would be on to Daphne's party, again here at our house, around her September 7th birthday and then Maisie's special day at the end of the month.  Besides the parties, there were special meals on their actual birth days and school treats too.  Pretty much I had my "party director" hat on all month.

Overlapping all of the stuff with mom, and the kids' birthdays, was of course the first weeks of school.  There were first day of school special hair-do's and pictures and open houses to be attended.  Ruby started preschool and was loving it, leaving Henry and I a precious window of alone time that I'm sure kept me sane that month.  (oh, yeah, there was some soccer in there for Maisie and play auditions for Daphne)

And lastly, Henry had the worst month of sleep since his newborn phase.  There were four nights in there that he was having such a hard time, that I just gave up, shut his door, pulled out all his toys and slept on the floor of his bedroom...waking up to him snuggled up next to me finally asleep. 

I seriously don't know how I made it through and yet, there was so much JOY in that month too.  The kids' birthdays, and their success in school that first month, and Daphne earning a part in the community holiday play.  Two friends even made me meals that month....and I was besides myself with thankfulness for their generous and loving acts.  I mean, I'd had  meals when my babies were born, and when Dad passed away, but never just out of the blue!  What an abudance of blessings in our life...gifts from God that were my sustenance.  Don't want to go back and relive that but I'll gladly look at all the fun pictures from that month and remember what really matters and brings my heart gladness.


2 comments:

crystalkupper said...

Love the polka dots on the new blog design!

Candi said...

A month filled with blessings, emotions, highs and lows, busy days and nights, and in the midst of it all, God is still holding you together and keeping His hand upon you. September will always be busy for you with the birthdays and school days :-) It will get easier though, and you'll have such wonderful memories in your heart.