A Mayflower's Musings

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Why I'm so glad that third ultrasound revealed GIRL!

Now that I have two daughters that have reached the "older" ages of 9 and 7, I know that "maturity" brings things like the capability to shower and dress and even do their hair all on their own in the morning, or audition and capture a role in the community play or make a mom proud with good behavior in school. But I also know that most of the time they stop saying things daily that you make sure to tell your friends and your hubby in the wee hours of the night before you both crash on your pillows.

Well, Ruby, age 4 3/4 (sob) is still in this phase of cutest things said and I know it's almost expired. So I just have to share! Here are the ones I can remember from this fall...I'm leaving out the quotes since they are all her quotes:

1. Mom my preschool teacher said today that we should go out into the world and praise God.

2. Mom did you know that I can do a sommer sault under the water without plugging my nose?....yea, God learned me that!

3. Mom does this (points to Carharts logo on her overalls) stand for jobsites?

4. Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me hump-sing good to eat. (something is always HUMPsing)

 5. Mom, did you know God is with you everytime you are afraid? big pause...Even when there's a bear!

And see, since I haven't been blogging much, I've forgotten all the ones from this summer, which makes me sad. Lastly, I'll leave you with something very silly she does right now. One day, Daphne did her nails, complete with cleaning out the beds of them with the end of a cuticle file. Well, that really impressed her. So now every once in awhile she slyly looks at me as she goes out into the backyard, and then I find her inside in a corner a few minutes later with a knife or something sharp. She goes outside and runs her fingers through the dirt just to have something to clean out of her nails. Besides her cute sayings and cute doings, I love to capture her on camera. She's beautiful. And I'm not sure when I found out we were having a third girl that I knew they could all bring such different joy and beauty to our family. Like her name, she really is a gem!






(ever since she was tiny, I knew that she had a different trait than the girls...the ability and desire to make people laugh...this last photo is her doing her thing!)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

She's adorable! And she is so funny! Love that she has her own personality. I have also been super lax about writing down the cute things Reeds says! Thanks for the reminder.

crystalkupper said...

That's definitely one reason I love Facebook. I post something funny Jack says immediately, then later on I just go back on my wall and enter all the funny things in my journal. Yay for cuteness!