A Mayflower's Musings

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Intermission from the September Saga


I have a bit more to write about our crazy September 2012, but the next two days I have a lot to accomplish. See...Mike and I are headed to our favorite retreat tomorrow night, our family's little cabin on the Nestucca River near Pacific City. It is my first time away from Henry for a night, so that means that for over 14 months I've had a baby attached to me and you do get used to not having freedom to get away...but now that I CAN leave him I can almost taste the REST that awaits. When we go, usually just once a year around our November 21st birthday, we usually just sit inside and watch as many movies as possible. We get up only to stand on the deck and watch the boats pass or drive 5 minutes to the local restaurants for a bite to eat. Oh, and there is definitely some sleeping involved. To make a trip like this happen, I had to line up 3 babysitters to cover the 2 nights and 2 days...which means cleaning the house, packing the kids' bags, running some fun errands like special food and movies to take, and getting in my internet job hours too! It's all SO worth it. Thank you in advance to Aunt Kathie, Kayla, and Mike and Pam Riddle for letting us do this. Oh, and of course my Aunt Christie, who graciously allows us to go whenever we want to this little cabin in Woods. I'll probably post something fluff tomorrow and then skipping Saturday (no internet there...phew!) and I'll be back in full force Sunday night!

1 comment:

crystalkupper said...

Sounds like fun to me! I am so with you on the first time of leaving the baby....the freedom is GLORIOUS!