A Mayflower's Musings

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Friends Friday

My girls have been asking to have certain school friends over for weeks.  I keep returning their request with a "not today...but soon" response. 

Well, this week a friend asked me to watch her little one after preschool for a couple hours so I gladly said yes and decided to just make it a big 'ole friend day.  Ruby had two friends over after school for 3 hours, then Maisie had one friend after her school day for a few hours also, and then finally Daphne's three best school buddies joined us at 5pm for a homemade meal and movie.

It was especially a celebration for my eldest, because this was her last Friday of freedom for 4 weeks.  Her play starts next week and runs 4 weekends in a row!

All the girls had fun during their allotted time with buddies, but I didn't pull out the camera til the end when it was really warranted.

The "big girls" were into their second flick upstairs, when Daphne came down and asked if they could take a "relaxing bath".  That's code at the Riddle household for a bath just for fun...not for washing:).  I was not sure what to do with this.  I mean, they are super innocent still and just babes, but getting bigger by the second.  I decided to say yes with swimsuits on.  One of them opted to keep watching the new Tinkerbell movie...I mean, come on it IS a good one!  But these three had the time of their life in the suds.



I love all these girls and their families too. So blessed! Lastly, what warmed my heart was that the bathing beauties conversation was so age appropriate. They were singing the songs to their upcoming winter music program and discussing that they are learning about solids, liquids and gases in school and that their bodies were matter and they were displacing the water in the bathtub. Ha! Love it...pretty and smart!

2 comments:

crystalkupper said...

My, girls certainly are different. I can't imagine Jack asking for a bath, let alone with his friends! :-) Those pictures are too cute.

Stacy said...

Brave girl, you are!