A Mayflower's Musings

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

September Part II: "I Knew it was September"

At open house this year, I was just tickled when this poem was sitting on Daphne's desk.  I love it!

It is hard to read in this format, so just in case someday all their special work gets lost and I have no system for keeping their special work, so it's a real possibility:(....I'll transcribe it here for you and me:

I knew it was September because on Monday, I saw one ripe apple falling fast to the wet ground.

On   Tuesday, I saw two fluffy loaves of chocolate chip pumpkin bread rising in a new oven.

On Wednesday, I saw three lovely halloween costumes in a holiday store buzzing with slow people. (do you see her illustration is of a Gymboree store???!!! such my girl!)

On Thursday, I saw four yellow school busses dropping of excited running children.

On Friday, I saw five happy teachers!  At the school waving to theire students.

And that's how I knew it was September!  



2 comments:

crystalkupper said...

You should definitely send this into Highlights or Clubhouse or some other kid magazine! I think it would get published. She might even get paid for it.

KYLEandERIN said...

Wow, she is so talented, really impressive! I also love the Gymboree drawing, so cute!