A Mayflower's Musings

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Best words for a mother's heart!

On Halloween I helped organize and volunteered in both of the girls' "Harvest Parties". As I walked the halls from one classroom to the other, I met up with a familiar teacher's assistant. She stopped me and said, "I have to tell you your girls are so cute." I was expecting to hear about Daphne's curls or Maisie's sweet smile but I heard something much better. She continued to tell me that everyday she has hall duty in the am, watching the kids come in the front doors. And I guess, EVERY morning, Maisie and Daphne abruptly stop in the foyer, give each other a huge strong hug, and then a kiss, and say their goodbyes before going opposite directions. The other funny image she painted was that they stop the rest of the traffic behind them, as all the kids sorta run into each other as Maisie and Daph stop in their own little world of sisterly affection! Oh, my word...so they do love each other! It made my day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So stinkin sweet!!!!
~Charity

crystalkupper said...

I pray over J&J's relationship for this very reason. :-) So cute.