A Mayflower's Musings

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Ruby's First Race

After a night of disturbed sleep from watching the clock and dreaming that we missed the race,  Ruby and I set out at 7am for Portland....where the crazy people all clad in green would congregate to run!!!  Yes,  on our way to the Shamrock 5k.

A couple hiccups...couldn't find my shirt or bib anywhere this morning!!  My wise aunt Kathie assured me they wouldn't even notice and thankfully she was correct!  I also had a traffic camera take a picture of me when the rain on the ground made me skid past the crosswalk a tad on a red light.  I'm hoping the luck of the Irish is on my side with that one!

We met up with Jon,  Meghann and Cole at their home at 8am and off we went!  

It was a wet day in the rose city folks!!! We found our other family members downtown-  uncle les and aunt sue,  aunt Kathie and cousin kort,  cousin Kurt and his daughter Ella!!!  Love that last our running was about training and going all out and today was all about bringing up a new generation that values exercise and togetherness!

The kids did great!  Ruby and I came in last out of our group -  she had to walk quite a bit but she pushed herself-  especially at the end!  And she will tell you her favorite parts were the water station and the finish line.

I can't believe she said she wants to another race soon-  especially considering I had to give her a piggy back ride at one point!!!  

My favorite part was getting lunch with meg, Jon and the kids afterward.  Got to catch up and there may have been five small milkshakes involved!  Thanks Jon for treating!

Hmmmm,  the bubble bath at home was a fine treat as well.....


No comments: