A Mayflower's Musings

Monday, March 9, 2015

Last season on ...





I've been struggling with whether or not to go back and tell all the big stories that happened during the two years I didn't blog.  But I decided after watching a "catch up" review of downton abbeys first two seasons yesterday that it'd be fun to see if I could do that here too with our life!






Ruby learned to ride her bike in summer of 2012,  had a great Fourth of July-  even visiting grandma barb in the kids matching duds, we traveled to McCall,  hosted cousin phoebe for 5 days so the little girls could go to ballet camp,  and said goodbye to our dear friends the kearins!



Henry celebrated his first birthday in September with lots of cousins!!  John Deere style!  

Another first day of school photo shoot with our neighbor buds-  the blands!  I believe this was the last of those as they moved that next summer!  So sad-  really was an end of an era for us!!


Ruby got to go to 4year old preschool that fall at bethel baptist Christian school-  we loved mrs lynch!!


Daphne had the coolest 9 year old party-  makeovers done by the cool teenagers / early 20s girls in her life!  Thanks Bethany, Malorie and Kayla!!   It was a hit!

Maisie had a cowgirl party and G&G riddles!!!  It was so fun for this new 7 year old!


This was my favorite pumpkin patch picture that fall!  Holy cuteness! And their Halloween outfits were fun as well!


Ruby and Henry and I spent a lot of time together that year-  my two valiant side kicks! To be honest - I don't remember much except a lot of packing that fall! Oh yes and Henry went cold turkey refusing to be breasted-  major pain in the boobs that is!!!


 Sweet Lacey taron took family pictures for us that fall-  it poured rain that day but luckily we have some friends with a covered patio! They turned out amazing!




Maybe I did blog about Daphne's first gallery production-  the best Christmas pageant ever-  she had a lead role and it was a fun one!  We had the time of our life getting to know theater life and new friends!!!  


Last chrismas at Lucy belle- We had no furniture to sit on as we opened gifts-  it was already in the pod!!!


In January 2013 we moved from the house we built on Lucy belle.  After a season of unfortunate events we weren't able to hold onto it.  It was gut wrenching, exhausting and a dark time for me.  But I've learned a house doesn't make a home -  an important lesson!


My mom was sick and Pam was working all the time so God brought this nurturing friend into my life who helped me with the kids a lot that year as I packed up the Lucy belle home and unpacked in the new place.  She remains a steadfast 
servant friend!!


A week or two after the hardest move of my life I had 9 five year olds spend the night for rubys 5th birthday.  What the heck was I thinking?  Hindsight is 20/20😳


Easter 2013-  loved their outfits,  the weather and being with family and Matt and beccas!!



In may of that year we got a new puppy- a beagle that the kids named Tate.  What in the crap were we thinking-  Stefanie needs a poop making,  barking,  toy chewing baby animal to add to the chaos!?!




Mikes passion in life became a little orphanage in Mexico called casa de Paz! Maisie went on her first trip and daphne her 3rd in June 2013!! Again a reminder that love surpasses many boundaries!


Ruby also graduated from preschool that month!!!



I got to go to a Take Shape for Life conference in Nashville with cousins Shane and Jill to learn more about being a health coach!  Mike and I having lost a combines 145 lbs on their program and wanting to pay it forward!




We made lots of memories again in McCall that summer including meeting new friends Dillon and Lauren!!!  We love our cabin!!!!



Maisie got tubes in her ears and we have since heard she will have to have them surgically removed as well!!  Still paying on the first surgery :(

Mike got his first real office outside of the home-  on 3rd street in mcminnville!  How perfect and QUIET for him!!


Stay tuned for fall 2013!!  All in all that season was a strengthening and a shedding of many things for mike and I!!!





No comments: