A Mayflower's Musings

Monday, March 16, 2015

My life is full of junk people




Someone once told me Facebook is like walking down a long hallway of doors wide open.  Each door peers into a person's life.   But we never go into their rooms or in the metaphor "step fully into their life". Even the "oversharers" out there can't let us walk fully into their situation.

Now,  this Facebook Lenten fast of mine has given me some great perspective.  I'm okay with my Grandma just seeing snapshots of my life.   She's alone and it gives her a laugh and giggle and she really only needs to know my highlights.  But on the flip,  I don't want to be an observer that gets caught up for even a second on another person's "beautiful entry way"... Cuz let's face it we can all keep our entryways tidy-  but step in a little farther in to my house and you will see dirt (see above pictures)and hear the occasional bad word.  And I'm not talking about my kids-  I'm talking about me--- yes,  sometimes this mom says shit.

I want to keep it all in perspective on both sides -  I shall try not to compare myself to everyone's best and I sure don't want you comparing yourself to my best.  There is nothing perfect in my life.

Well except my God who never fails me in my imperfections.  

I will conclude by saying there are two kinda of people in the western world-  those that have junk drawers and those that don't.  I do.  In fact I have one in every room of my house.  They are full of treasures and trash-  just like my life!

No comments: