A Mayflower's Musings

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Milestones for my records only (readers disregard)


Daphne-  5th grade
Super duper conscienceous and sensitive
Loves gymnastics-  mastered her round off back handspring and aerial and is working on back tuck right now 
Biggest enjoyment remains theater and singing 
Qualified for battle of books regionals this weekend and district spelling bee next week
Beginning to say goodbye to little daphne but every once In awhile she still comes out in a big unexpected hug or cuddle or giggle



Maisie-  3rd grade
Her teacher just emailed me and said and I quote "she is a breath of fresh air in my classroom".  Holy moly!

She still saves her stress and explosions for me and only me but they are less frequent and she really is blooming!

Her battle of the books team made it all the way to the finals as 3rd graders and she is speaking at the school board meeting next week!  Whoa!!

She also got a huge role in the school play and although she wouldn't say it's her passion we are so happy it has increased her confidence!!!!

She is dreaming about paris in most down moments and supposedly grandma Pam is taking her next year when she turns 10-  is this true Pam???

We believe she is very athletic but she hasn't found her passion yet ----although she is continuing in soccer, as mike is her coach and she has friends on the team!!

As a parent I would undoubtedly name 2014-2015 the year of Maisie because she has made so many leaps and bounds in her maturity!!!



Ruby garland-  first grade

I have to work hard to make sure this little one feels as included in all the goings on as her sisters!

She started ballet this January and likes it enough- mostly if someone is watching!

I'm most excited about her new passion for swimming though.  She recently started lessons and holds out hope for the swim team someday-- especially because there is a possibility of medals involved.

Reading is harder for her than her big sisters.  So because she doesn't like it I have a hard time inspiring her to practice more.  But I know she will get it when she is ready and even just lately I've noticed some improvement.


She is sooo funny and people are drawn to her smiles!  The other day Henry threw up and she yells "clean up on aisle 4". In sure that came from a movie but still her timing is right on!

I feel an urgency to snuggle her more as she is growing up faster as #3.  Oh ruby I wish there was more time in the day.  Please know you are the apple of my eye!


Henry-  age 3

100% my sidekick

He loves loves loves dogs.  He literally kisses every pup we meet!

He's full of pep and spirit and I let him choose his outfits which tend to be shorts,  short sleeve shirts and cowboy boots-  with our without underwear-  depending on his mood.  That's one battle this mom of 4 is soooo over!

He would prefer to not ride in his car seat or even better, drive the van for me!  Boys and vehicles!!!!

He is completely potty trained!  Phew!

Oh and loves all ninja, power ranger, cars, planes etc shows out there!  Again- this is new to me!

He still takes a nap... What else?  Oh yeah, I'm his favorite and he loves to smother me in kisses and hugs.  Grandpa mike comes in 2nd!

Love his littleness and our alone time so much!!!




Tate -  getting easier.  Still barks way too much.  

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

I love this so much more than Facebook. I've been suffering from separation so this is soooo needed. I tried to reply to your short hair blog and it came back to me cause it's your old email address, I say keep it--so few people can pull it off and you certainly do. Much love and kisses to all--even tater!

Anonymous said...

Love this...and love your family! ~Char