A Mayflower's Musings

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Summer in Review Unfinished...



It's just a blog, I know, but I am still an over-achiever student at heart, and it bugs me that I can't finish my idea for last week.


Reason being - I have two disks of pictures that have "errors" and I can't get them up on my computer. You may never see them, but one was full of more Idaho pics and the other a disk full of memories from the beach trip that I took with my brother, sister and mom and their families this August.


The beach pics were going to be my last post in that "series" and this boring post takes its place, but like I said I had to have some closure! Someday if you see the title Beach Trip, you'll know that I finally got my pictures taken care of and that I couldn't let it go...


Memories to Remember (This is always for my own sake folks, so feel free to STOP reading)


1. Fabulous girls weekends - one with Jill, and one with Rori, Leah, Tara, Amy and Candice. I ate a lot and laughed a lot and enjoyed what other Godly women are teaching me a lot.


2. Our backyard FINALLY being landscaped.


3. Grandpa Mike building a really awesome playground structure for the girls.


4. The summer Daphne only wanted to wear dresses. And purses, purses, purses.


5. Maisie really starting to talk and becoming more a little girl than a baby. And her favorite person being Jabe! Oh, and her favorite pasttime - buckets and sand.


6. Daphne's first VBS experience with cousin Max and neighbor, Gabby.


7. First house with air conditioning and first pregnancy in air conditioned home to boot.


8. Mike's and my trip to Bellevue - all alone.


9. Poor, Lesley's summer of stress, but getting to see her a lot more!


10. Dad's 5 week and counting stay in at OHSU - and God's grace to begin healing.
11. Karen Kingsbury's First Born Series - Great books!


6 comments:

Glory Laine said...

Hurray for new reader of "A May Flower's Musings". I have enjoyed so much reading though my blog list and seeing your thoughful comments. Makes me happy this morning.

February Jill said...

I know what you mean about closure! But just enjoy blogging, don't make it another thing you have to do. There are already just too many of those. Thanks for helping us out on Friday and we can't wait for Maisie's party!

Angela said...

Okay your girls are just to darn cute!

Sharon said...

Fun summer! Isn't it great that the memory disk in your brain doesn't give you an error message?! God is good in granting us memories that we will treasure forever--through computer crashes and the like!

Anonymous said...

Stefanie!
Thanks so much for the comment. It was great to hear from you. I miss you at MOPs and I think of you often too. I'm glad to hear you are at a moms group at your church. Although I miss you at our group :(

I am so happy to hear you are having another girl in January. You will LOVE having three girls. It just gets better and better having those little ladies around, each and every year I love having three girls more.

I can't believe how big Daphne and Maisie are getting.

It sounds like you had an amazing summer, and I can't wait to read more about your adventures on your blog.

And, yes, I agree, Mike and Jason are kindred spirits. Also Winston and Puggy of course :)

momaof4 said...

Oh, What fun to be able to catch up on your goings.

I bet you are super at leading a Moms group. I wish you were closer so we could steal you!!! If you ever what to change into a MOPS group, let me know and I would be more then willing to help you with ideas and such...even now!

Yeah for baby #3!!! Maybe 4 will be a boy... :) hee,hee