A Mayflower's Musings

Saturday, September 1, 2007

More for me than you!

More for me than you. I'll start by saying that I will not tell you whose "blog shoes" I have to live up to, because if I do, you will go directly to their blogs and laugh at my first attempts at this. I have already tried to find a decent picture of myself with my daughters to accompany my blog title, and after failing, had to settle on the pretty flowers. But how do I make the picture less massive? Then, I have written this post already once, but after viewing it, my picture (of our baby at 10 weeks)somehow covered my text, so I had to delete everything and start again. Apologies, apologies, but someday, I will get this figured out.

All that being said, I have to selfishly admit, that luckily, my purpose is not to impress or entertain you. I view this as a way to document all the weekly memories that accompany my life as a mom of young children, who as we all know, grow up quickly. I want them to have pictures and stories that are guaranteed to last longer than hard copies. And even more, I want this blog for me - Lord, help me to remember as much as possible of the days in the life of my growing babies.Help me to remember when....for example: Daphne just now, popping in to tell me that she had cleaned up the living room and, "So, where's my cash now?" We had agreed on a quarter. Since when did a quarter qualify as "cash"?

Stay tuned for my next blog! On Thursday, September 6th I will reveal the sex of our newest child. Our ultrasound is at 2:30pm, so I'll try to post in the evening!! Daphne is changing her tune and now telling people she wants a brother. Could this mean anything?

1 comment:

Glory Laine said...

When you came to blogland all the blogging angel sang in harmony.
Stef you are so funny and sweet this is sure to be one of my most favorite sites to visit. It's about time we get in writing all the funny thing Daphne says. Tootles, Becca