A Mayflower's Musings

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

PLEASE VOTE - To make or to buy????


This post is completely ruining the flow I had going with my "summer theme" chosen for this week. But, tonight I am avoiding cleaning up my kitchen, by instead, posing an interesting question for you readers.

So here goes...Last hunting season, while Mike was gone for 9 days, I decided to make my own version of a Thanksgiving banner I had seen in the Pottery Barn Kids catalogue. It actually turned out really good, but did take a bit of work. I was hating my choice during the cutting, gluing and sewing late at night, but loving my decision after... I'm quite the romantic, envisioning all the Thanksgivings to come, when the kids and I pull the banner out and I explain how I made it during one of Dad's hunting trips years ago.

So tonight, I saw this advent calendar at PBK online...I love it, but it is $69.00. I am really thinking about diving into this project again this year. Any seamstresses out there know how hard this project would be?? And am I crazy to try this when I barely get my normal chores done with my current, pregnant, energy level?

Just for fun....would you make it or buy it? I'm curious!!

All you have to do to comment, is create yourself a FREE and harmless Google acct. It should be easy...

7 comments:

Glory Laine said...

Gosh all I can say is you have WAY more energy and talent than me to even attempt something like this. My first thought was to bust out the charge card but now.... I don't know it would be fun to personalize something like this to fit your family. But your family might change to four kids in the future.... So I am stickin with the buying.

February Jill said...

Ok, I went to pb kids before I commented and took a good look at it... it's pretty detailed. I think that the supplies it would take to make that would be at least half the cost of buying one and then there's the time. It looks a LOT more detailed than the Thanksgiving banner. I'm with Becca, I say buy it. Free shipping!

Stefanie said...

I am e-mailing you as opposed to replying to your blog…BUY IT! Not even a question. Love, a long-time friend

Stefanie said...

This is probably all the comments I will get, and I am testing something on my computer. Thus leaving my own comment here. All my good friends say buy it. Now I'll have to see if I have the money...

Sharon said...

Nope...one more comment! : )

I'm glad I found you in blog world~your blog is wonderful!

Ok....dun, dun, dun....I say MAKE IT! You'll treasure it more for years to come...such a feeling of accomplishment! It can be personalized just the way you want it. I have full confidence in you!

Angela said...

Your blog is so cute! So glad that I found it off Rebecca's. I will be checking in on you!
Oh yeah this is Angela Rebecca's friend!

Hosmerita said...

Found you through becca's blog.

I say make it (although... I would buy it, I have no sewing skills, a sewing machine I do have, skills or the knowledge of how to turn it on I lack.)but get the kiddos involved. What a fantastic memory to share and pass down through the generations.