A Mayflower's Musings

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Note to self: Always Stick to Bedtime Routines










I have been loving this blogging so much, that it has been taking me away from some of my regular chores or sleep rather...both important. So this week I was going to stick to two posts.


But last night in the middle of the night, I was already writting this one after an interesting "mom moment".




You see usually, our bedtime routines, go something like this: we start by brushing teeth, then Mike takes one girl to her room, and I take the other to hers, and separately we change diapers/ put on the night time pull-up, pajamas, books, prayers and our exciting exit.




Well, last night, Mike was gone for the entire night and I decided to put them both on my bed for storytime. (we skipped teeth brushing - if my dentist is reading, sorry Amy!" Then I took Maisie to her room, new diaper, pjs on, got her tucked in and went back to take Daphne. Well, she was already nodding off in my bed and I thought, "why not just let her fall asleep here and I'll move her when I go to bed?". So then, I went about my nighttime fun minus Mike: checking your blogs, watching my dvr'd Friends reruns, and eating way too many graham crackers, just because I had the munchies.




When I retired to bed, I decided I would just let Daphne sleep with me. I love that anyway.




Here's where I see if you were paying attention above...what bedtime ritual did I miss with Daphne?




It wasn't until after midnight sometime, when Daphne crawled out of bed and preceeded to pee right on my floor. It was then that I realized we had never put a pull-up on. I think she was confused where she was, trying to make it to bathroom? and didn't.




Good or bad, I am not sure, but she peed all over my comforter that had fallen on the floor on her side, and all over my body pillow. Missed the carpet that way, but now I have some dry cleaning bills?







Needless to say, I tossed all that stinky bedding in my shower, cleaned her up, put on a pull-up and we went back to sleep!





But not before I made the mental note to "always stick to bedtime routines!"

6 comments:

Julie said...

I have SO been there, Stef! They look so sweet in bed, and you get pre-occupied with other things, you just forget to do one little thing! And there you have it ...

I'll bet you won't forget the Pull-Ups again!! (At least not until the baby has you in a fog)!!!

P.S. Lily goes to Picture People at the mall for her pic's.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's the worst. I hate being woken up to messes that require me to be coherent to clean them up.

Yes, I bet you'll do every part of your bedtime routine tonight!

February Jill said...

Well sounds like you handled it well. Poor Daphne! And poor you too having to deal with both by yourself and then have that happen. Moms have the hardest, stinkiest and best job! :)

Angela said...

what a night. It kind of makes me chuckle even though I am sure it was not funny when it happened!

Sharon said...

Oh, I remember those nights~no fun! At least it didn't get soaked all through your mattress~there's always some sort of bright side, right? : )

Glory Laine said...

Ugg! Makes me sad for all the dry cleaning bills too. And makes me happy that Daphne still uses a night-time pull up. I'm not putting any pressure on Tobin, he is NOT ready for that. But sometime I wonder if his wife is going to have to remind him to cut the liquids after seven and to put on his rubber pants. But that's ok with me because frankly, it will be her problem them.