A Mayflower's Musings

Monday, November 1, 2010

Such a Happy Halloween












When I reviewed the pictures for this post, my title and theme for this post was so obvious. We are so blessed with a community of great friends. Adults and kids alike had a wonderful time together last night!

To review on my last post, the Great Pumpkin did indeed visit. I was so worried that they would not want to get rid of their candy...but was so pleased to find out that they don't have the same emotional connection with those bright wrapped goodies as I do. They were pumped to try something new and so excited for their toys. The best part was that I was able to send all the candy with Mike, who left on a mission trip to Mexico today. The plan went off more smoothly than imagined!

Except for the fact that Maisie crawled into Ruby's crib at 5:30am to give her the toy that the Great Pumpkin had left....Gotta fix that part of the "plan" next year...

5 comments:

crystalkupper said...

Wow, that jack-o-lantern is super-creative! Who did it?

Candi said...

What a great idea for the "too much candy syndrome"! It even extends the fun and gives the kids a chance to be giving and generous. Very good plan :-)

Anonymous said...

Love the pics Stef! You're going to have to email me copies. Such a fun night - the girls and me were so worn out!

Cori

Rachel said...

What a Happy Halloween! I love it! So fun!

Sara said...

Super cute, girlies! Love their costumes, and the Great Pumpkin idea. My dentist buys back candy per pound, then donates it. LOVE the centerpiece, too!