A Mayflower's Musings

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

OUR Girlfriends









My girls and I have the most special growing relationship with the BEST women! Their names are Candice and Lacey (Hacey to Ruby) and they are mother and daughter. We have so many connections with them. First, Candice is our pastor's wife, and "Lace", his beautiful teenage daughter. Secondly, Lacey babysits our girls and provides them with an example of Godliness, pureness, style and cool that goes without compare. Thirdly they are our next door neighbors, which provides innumerable bonding opportunities - trick or treating, impromptu dinners, quick goodies left on porches, and over the fence conversations. Finally and most importantly, we have an unstated agreement that we are going to BE and SHARE in each others' lives.

I know some things will change in the future. We aren't guaranteed to be neighbors for ever - even for years, Lacey will go to college soon, and our lives may go separate ways. But for now we are fostering a really fun relationship AND in the future what they are giving to me and my girls will always be in our hearts.

When Mike and our pastor, Charlie, were both in Mexico, once again we leaned on each other....on this particular night we did so in PAJAMA style! We dined on yummy pizza, salad, milkshakes, and popcorn from the stove top! The movie of choice was American Girl Molly (a Riddle girl favorite).

Lacey and Candice are beautiful women - stunning actually - and their mother and daughter relationship is one of the strongest I've ever seen. I know with all my heart that God put them in my backyard to give me a head start on creating the same sort of one with all my girls!

1 comment:

February Jill said...

Oh my goodness could you girls be any cuter? Love all the pigtails!

Sounds like fun!