A Mayflower's Musings

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Sad

My husband is away. I'm already a bit tired from this gig of single mom. My house is a mess. Just trying to have a positive outlook, in fact I had just said a prayer for a great day and an abundance of patience...

When Daphne showed me the single spiral curl on the hardwood floor. It gets worse. As I inquired of the culprit - Maisie - and examined the victim, Ruby...I found out that upstairs there was an little red tin box full of Ruby's beautiful hair. Maisie cut all around her whole head. She has short strands in the back, little bangs (which I had been growing out for over a year...basically a disaster cut.

Guess we will be going to the hairdresser.

And is it so bad that just yesterday I was thinking that her hair was her most beautiful feature?

I won't lie there were tears here this morning.

5 comments:

Our great adventure said...

Hang in there! Sorry you're having a rough day! Love you!

Glory Laine said...

Oh man. I really need to see pictures so I can full grieve with you.

Sarri said...

Oh Stef! I'm so sorry! I can fully relate on how not fun it is when the hubby is gone. It gets old SUPER quick. I find that Starbucks gets me through the tough days nicely.

Hope this afternoon is much (MUCH) better!!

crystalkupper said...

I totally hear ya on being a single mom. It sucks.

I often hear these haircutting stories from others and wonder why they never happened in our house. Oh yeah, all boys and me....

This too shall pass. :-) I promise! Ruby is beautiful no matter what.

Rachel said...

Oh no!!