A Mayflower's Musings

Friday, May 30, 2008

Big Hat No Cattle

That's one of my husband's many popular phrases. I am using it here to demonstrate my inability to stay away from this blog thing even for three days after vowing to do so...

Just wanted to share a bit of wisdom with you. Here goes:

Probably not the best idea in the world to watch the LOST two hour finale right before falling asleep on a night when your husband is gone for the entire night.

I started it at 10:45pm, after seeing him off (a whole other story). I was only going to watch a little bit, enough to satisfy my curiosity and to help my reward for a day of hard work...I thought a way to wind down.. WIND DOWN?? After not being able to stop watching it once I started, it did not have a calming effect at all. Big surprise? I guess I just hadn't thought much about it. Leah, if you are reading, you will be shaking your head at me, I know.

So, then at midnight, I was so wide awake and scared of every noise, that it took an hour of funny late night shows before I fell asleep. The rest was down hill..

1am - fall asleep (not a deep one)

2am - Maisie screaming... gonna let her cry herself back to sleep, since if I go in there, it's a lengthy process back to sleep.

2:15 - Still crying and I am can't not go to her. She's taken off her diaper, probably hours before - thus all bedding sopping wet. Take her to bed with me.

4:15 Ruby crying - go feed her.

4:35 Back to bed and sleep

6:15am - Maisie's natural clock goes off and that's that.

I am fishing for some big huge comments here people! I have the whole day to get thru with lots going on...Prayers for ENERGY!

13 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh my! I am the same way when my husband is gone. It takes me forever to get to sleep. And I NEED my sleep.

I think maybe your Maisie and my Anna are a lot alike. :)

Patience and Energy to you today (and a BIG coffee maybe?!!) I hope you get thru it and get a better night's sleep tonight!

Anonymous said...

I hope the day goes smoothly and passes very quickly for you! I bet tonight you'll have a lovely sleep and be thankful when your head hits the pillow.

momaof4 said...

Oh this is it:
Coffee while your out this morning.
Coffee while your out this afternoon, even if you just leave the house for just the coffee!

Then maybe have a friend bring some coffee tonight!

Praying tonight you will sleep well. With hubby right next to you!

No more LOST at night!!!

Jonathan said...

I started watching season one of Prison Break late last night with a buddy in Austria. We thought we'd watch one episode. Four episodes later and a few minutes past 2:00am we shut it off. Then I couldn't stop thinking about it. I figure I was down by 3. I do feel for you though because the heat was the only thing threatening to wake me up.

Judy said...

Ugh. I am so sorry. There are few things that I hate as much as having to deal with wet bedding and a wet babe in the middle of the night!

And LOST. I sometimes watch with my hubby who is addicted. I mostly just annoy him with my snide remarks like..."uh-huh, so an entire island just disappeared because someone turned a crank?...alrighty then..." Ha! Ha!

February Jill said...

I'm so glad you can't stay away!

Lost was creepy, I agree! I had to get up and check the locks and the kiddos before I could sleep.

You know someday we'll get to sleep again. I don't know when it will be or how old we'll be, but I'm sure it's coming!

Glory Laine said...

Lost is on the TiVo waiting for me to watch. I can't wait! Sorry about the bad nights rest. Rest will feel so sweet tonight.

Unknown said...

Well, the day is almost over now...here's to hoping you made it through, I'll bet the beautiful sunshine helped you!!

Candi said...

Hopefully sleep will come easily tonight. I used to do the same thing when Dale was gone, but as I've gotten older, it has gotten easier, so take hope in that. And no more scarey TV late at night!

Angela said...

This makes me tired just reading this. I hope you are SOUND ALSEEP right now!

Rachel said...

I'm too late...but I hope it all worked out for you!

Ona said...

You poor thing. Hope you get some rest and a coffee always helps if you don't:)

Sharon said...

Oh man, what a night! I hope you made it through the next day ok~any naps??

And LOST! How great is LOST? It's our fave show around here!