A Mayflower's Musings

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Milestones

Daphne completed her first year of preschool last week. And although Daphne sang the "ready for kindergarten song" and got her little certificate, she will do preschool again next year. Her b-day is Sept. 7th, so she misses the school cut-off by 6 days. We are all okay with her being the oldest in her class, rather than the very youngest. She is going to be so so ready...but I think it will make her feel really good about herself!











Maisie is doing fantastic at her little school, which she attends just one day a week. She doesn't really have a true milestone to speak of - although I think we are going to try panties next week. So, instead I will share her favorite playtime activity. She spends a good amount of time daily putting all her babies to sleep - each with their own spot and blankie etc. I think it is really sweet and love that it keeps her busy.










Ruby finally is rolling over - at almost 5 months. You'd think I would be less excited about her milestones than I was with the first two babies...NAH, it's just as fun! The big girls are Ruby's biggest cheerleaders too. Side note - I have a hard time keeping them in clothes...oh well!





I have to say that although this blogging has become one of my favorite downtime pastimes since I started in September...it has also taken the place of the good ole fashioned film developing, putting pics in albums etc. I have not put one picture in Ruby's baby book yet. So I am signing off until I get caught up there. Since I love blogging, I am hoping to get my ducks in a row fast and get back to ya'll.

Love,
Stef

11 comments:

Jonathan said...

Great pictures. It's crazy to see how big they are all getting.
I know what you mean about not doing photos past the blog. I have a lot to do when I return too.

Rachel said...

Sawyer missed the cutoff by 16 days...but I've never spoken with a parent who was upset they didn't start their child early.
Your girls look so sweet together. You can tell they are sisters!!

crystalkupper said...

Daphne will just be more coordinated and advanced than all the rest (well, her vocab is miles ahead anyways!), and that's always a good thing, right?

momaof4 said...

My boys just turned 6 this May and they are just going into Kindergarten next year. and the other 2 are October, so we have the oldest kids in class. But I can say from seeing Noah he is ahead of his class a bit, when he wants to try. ;) So it's a good thing.

Good luck on those books!!! I have just come to terms that once they get into school full time I will start those things :)

Glory Laine said...

Love the one with all three girls heads. Adorable. Yeah for Daphne. Tobins spring program is tomorrow.

Angela said...

Those girls are just to darn cute!!!

Dylan's last day is tomorrow. Kind of sad about it!

Ona said...

I love the pictures of the girls...such innocence.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the sentiments about being the oldest in class. All my kids fall into that category, and I haven't regretted it. Daphne will do awesome in school because she'll be so prepared and ready for it.

I hope your catching up doesn't take you away from us for long-I love seeing pictures of your little cuties.

Judy said...

Okay, so yeah, I think that a high-back booster is DEFINITELY what our darlings SHOULD be riding in when possible, but we are willing to fudge on that a little if it saves us from having to lug 2 full-size carseats thru the airport!!! (So truth be told, I do not actually know what the "law" says, but the box on the booster said 40-100 pds, so I'll go with that!) :) When we drive around here, G still rides in his Alpha Omega 5 point harness...

P.S.--Molly does that, too, with her baby dolls. It's the cutest thing! G does it with his Webkinz. Have your girls gotten into the Webkinz craze?

February Jill said...

Well I know what you mean about the baby book issue. Joshy's is still mostly blank, although I wrote in it a little today.

I hope things come together quickly because we'll miss you!

Anonymous said...

Seeing your sweet girls lying there together makes me want to have 10 siblings for Max....for about 5 seconds and then I regain my sanity. Still, siblings are a special thing. It's wonderful to see the bond your girls are forming!
-Stacey