A Mayflower's Musings

Thursday, May 22, 2008

When Everything Comes Together








On Mother's Day, my birthday, everything came together to make a fun photo shoot...

A. In January, Mike and Pam, brought Daphne, Maisie and I home a wonderful gift - coordinating spring/summer dresses - treasures they picked up in sunny Hawaii.

B. I hung my dress up on the wall next to my treadmill and got in around 20 workouts in a
month and a half. The countdown to the day Pam wanted us to wear our dresses finally got me motivated. I lost 10 lbs - enough to make me feel better about myself.

C. The day before my b-day, I went to Nordstroms and found a sweet little white sweater to cover my arms a little and the perfect shoes to match.

D. Sunshine on my special day.

E. What else? My very talented sister - a photographer my nature...Becca Laine!

F. Oh, and duh! My sweet daughters, who at their age, of course need no exercise or even sunshine to light up any picture!
(now I guess I better hang my swimsuit next to my treadmill, but I have a feeling that's going to take a LOT more workouts and motivation than the whole dress thing!)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are the sweetest pictures! You look amazing Stefanie.

Ona said...

You look gorgeous!!! You sure don't look like you had a baby not too long ago. Good for you on losing 10lbs. That's just the amount I'm struggling with. How did you do it?

Judy said...

Cute! Cute! I was thinking about Daphne the other day--does she have one more year before kindergarten? It's hard to believe that our babes are getting so big. I can't believe that I have a 5 year old...

You look GREAT, by the way...

Stefanie said...

Okay, Ona, so you have to remember that MY 10 lbs were some of the first of many that need to come off. I guess what I am trying to say is that those are always the easier ones. When I get down to my last 10 lbs - now that's the real struggle. So don't compare here:)

But right now I am attempting counting pts on W.Watchers (I get a good amt since I am nursing, which makes it doable)...and exercising (cardio) 3-4 times a week. It's NOT fun:)_ ha!!!!

momaof4 said...

Good for you!!!

All three of you look super cute :)

Glory Laine said...

Those turned out great! Maybe for fathers day we should develope all of Mike and Pam's pictures again!

crystalkupper said...

Great photos, and love the dresses!

Angela said...

Those turned out amazing! You look beautiful!

Happy McNally Mom said...

You look so good Stefanie. Good for you. You and your daughters are so beautiful.

LizzyG said...

What a wonderful Mother's Day and Birthday! To me, there's no better b-day present then going shopping and picking out something nice for myself. I'm so glad you were able to do that.

Those pictures are just too sweet for words. And yes, I have to echo everyone else and say, Stefanie you look absolutely beautiful! And 10 lbs? That's awesome!!! Way to go!

Rachel said...

You all look so beautiful. I love the dresses! And no matter what you say...great job losing 10 pounds...I hope I look that good after I have a baby!!

Ty and Molly said...

You look awsome! Like a happy mom. Thanks for commenting on my blog, I really appreciate it.

Sharon said...

Those pictures are spectacular! You look so beautiful! Although I kept looking for little Ruby amongst the dresses! : )

February Jill said...

I love and adore all the matching dresses! Makes me want more kids just so I can dress them in coordinating outfits!