A Mayflower's Musings

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Stefanie's Favorite Things

I've had this idea cooking for a long time...my own version of Oprah's Favorite Things for the mom's group I lead at my church. And what better week than this one, since my birthday and Mother's Day are on Sunday?!!!

Just thought ya'll would enjoy seeing some fun products and maybe gaining one for your list of favorites. The following are most of the items shared today. Each mom got to take home a baggy of some samples too (the inexpensive stuff of course...) And we savored my favorite dessert - strawberry shortcake - at the close of the show.


Hope you enjoy!



Conair "noise machine" (found in pharmacy section at Walmart for around $15)



Jack Black Products are Mike's favorite - found at Nordstroms! Father's Day?



My favorite illustrator of all time - Eloise Wilkin. Beautiful stories and pictures...



Best paper towels out there! Have really sweet designs too.



My favorite diet soda - a Safeway staple!



Sugar free and 60 calories w/out milk - 6 lattes for the price of one at Starbucks!



Anyone that knows me well can name my favorite candy - Swedish fish!!!!! (red is best)



Praise Baby dvd's. My friend Angela got me hooked on them via my sis-in-law a couple years ago. Best nighttime, winding down time, children praising GOD time, 30 minutes ever!!



The BOZ series...good learning tools, Christian messages, fun characters. MOPS product.




All time favorite pajamas for infants are found at Children's Place. Three for 25 bucks. Zipper feature great for tired mommies and impatient daddies. Also a wonderful "extra outfit" for the diaper bag since it doesn't require a onesie or socks.

11 comments:

momaof4 said...

What a fun idea!!
How did you do your samples :)

Hope life is a bit sunnyer too.

Much Love

February Jill said...

Love it Stef and I learned something new. If someone asked me what your favorite candy was, I'm sure I would've said Starburst! Now I know the truth.

Some of my favorite things:

1. Neglecting my family in order to read blogs.

2. Avoiding doing laundry.

3. Strapping my children into their carseats and driving through anything I can think of, usually Starbucks.

4. Imagining future vacations.

5. Planning parties.

6. Girls nights, girls weekends, girls coffee breaks, girls movie nights, any excuse I can find to hang out with girls and chat.

7. YOU!

Angela said...

What a great idea! You are so clever!

Lindsay said...

some great products! Our MOPS group did this idea a couple years ago and it was lots of fun. I love finding out what other moms just LOVE.

Ona said...

I have to ask...what is a noise machine? I sleep with a fan because of the white noise. Is it the same concept.
Have a happy mothers day and birthday!

crystalkupper said...

Yes! I KNEW your favorite candy was Swedish fish! I feel so cool now. :-) And I love the Praise Baby collection too! I haven't seen the DVDs, but we have some CDs, and I really love them!

Glory Laine said...

So good Stef. I think we should all do a post like this. And I laughed reading Jill comment.

Sharon said...

That diet soda looks yummy! I'll have to try it out. And I totally agree about Viva paper towels! They're so soft and absorbant! That's all I buy~in select-a-size! : )

Unknown said...

You've got some great faves! I"m going to have to try that diet soda and the Children's place jammies!

Unknown said...

What is the noise machine for?

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday tomorrow!!! And Happy Mother's Day tomorrow!!!
I love you favorite's list. I can't wait to try some of your favorite things out. Thanks for the tips!