A Mayflower's Musings

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Halloween '07: A Post in Progress - FINISHED

In our family, holidays don't just fall on "the day", but start early and end late. It's too fun to not see everyone and get good use out of the money spent on costumes and special holiday clothes!





I could wait and just show all the pics at once after it is all said and done, but I decided to just add to this one as I go.





Monday's Events: My Grandma Barb's house with Daphne, Maisie and my brother's son, Cole (2 1/2 years). Candy corn, cookies and McDonald's was on the menu. We neglected to get Grandma in the pictures, but you can guess she was smiling ear to ear and so glad that the neighbors came out of their houses to look at her great-granchildren too.









Tuesday's Celebration: An annual tradition of visiting my other Grandma Barb and my Grandpa Foye, with as many of my cousins' kids as possible too. My dad and mom were there enjoying the kids too! Pizza, lots of treats, and it isn't even Halloween yet. Really truly, I am not a Halloween fiend - I just love when kids get to make believe and play with their cousins. Are you bored yet?












Halloween! : We had the luxury of going out to breakfast as a family in the am - that is something I love about my husband's job. Most of the time he is super busy, but at least he is the boss of his schedule and we get to squeeze in some family time in "normal business hours" every once in awhile. The girls and I carved our pumpkins - although never lighting them last night...whoops! The big stuff was the Trunk or Treating fest and traditional trick or treating around our neighborhood. The girls had such a fun time - I think next year we'll do more of the traditional trick or treating - Daphne ran to each house and Maisie and I were always a step behind. Once Maisie "got it", she really was giggling and having fun too. I ate way too much candy yesterday and am swearing if off for the rest of my pregnancy...








12 comments:

LizzyG said...

Oh they are so darn cute!!!

That last picture of Maisie is adorable! You should crop that picture of just her and frame it. It's perfect! And I love her shoes. And little Pocohontas is just as sweet.

Rachel said...

Liz just stole EXACTLY what I was going to say...(weird).
I will add though that I LOVE you are able to have them celebrate all week long. I'm very jealous. And Sawyer never had such cute Minnie shoes...they are so perfect!!

LizzyG said...

I've been known to be comment stealer Rachel :)

Rachel said...

I'm not kidding, I looked at those pictures of those sweet babies, all dressed up and I said, out loud, "Oh, they're so darn cute!!"
Stefanie, I have to tell you that those costumes are great. You did a great job!

February Jill said...

Very cute Stef. That's the best Pocahontas dress I've seen! You are so nice letting Daphne pick her own costume. Elsa was assigned to be a cowgirl to coordinate with Josh this year.

Julie said...

VERY cute ... can't wait to see more pic's :)

I remember when Daphne and Tobin were Pebbles n' BamBam! You are so clever...

Angela said...

I love to hear stuff like this! Traditions are the best!!!
And those kiddos are just to darn cute!

February Jill said...

Well the Liz thing... on my blog you wrote that Liz likes my eyebrows and then you said, "you so have to go back to that girl." Neither one of us knew what you meant and she asked me if we had a break up.
Also, you wrote that your third daughter Ruby Garland... is this a final choice? Maybe we should have done a Wizard of Oz themed nursery. You know Judy Garland and ruby red slippers? Get it?

LizzyG said...

Love the new pictures! So glad you had a fun-filled day!

Glory Laine said...

I'm so glad you got to use the minnie mouse costume again. And how sweet that Cole was on board with micky.

Hosmerita said...

I love those pics! I have to get my Halloween pics up soon. Haven't been able to find the time. What a fun filled week.

Rachel said...

I came back to look at the rest of the pictures...and I really love the naked pumpkin carving.
You'll have to let us know how the swearing off candy for the rest of your pregnancy goes...As a former pregnant woman, I really don't know if there's such thing as pregnancy self control!! Good luck, though!!!