A Mayflower's Musings

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Okay, Okay, Here's My Random Things...




In keeping with being random, these are in complete random order too:



1. My husband and sister were born on the same day, same year.




2. When I watch a movie in the cinemas, after all the previews have been shown, I make myself recite all the trailers that were shown (in my head of course), to either check my memory, or more likely an OCD thing.




3. Another in #2 category, is that I went through a phase, after taking typing in highschool, where if I heard an interesting word or any RANDOM word at that, I would type it out on a pretend keyboard, using my fingers AND toes.




4. I had menstrual cramps so badly in high school once, that when excused from class to go call my mom, I couldn't make it to the office, and instead, laid down on the floor of the girls' showers (never ever used, but still gross) until I recovered enough to then go call my mom.




5. My favorite candy is swedish fish.


6. I was baptized last May, after deciding that although I don't discount the very special day when I was baptized as an infant in the Lutheran church that I grew up in, I wanted to profess my faith in public as an adult, and after praying for a long time, God said - "Okay, Dive In"! A special event in itself, but to make it even more special, I had found out the evening before, that I was pregnant for the third time, and Mike and I hadn't told anyone yet. So baby and I were baptized by the Holy Spirit together! ALSO, my mom came to watch, and afterward she handed me the bulletin from my first baptism and that day's bulletin too!


7. I drove a 1980 Yellow Thunderbird in high school - it was as long as my mini van now.


8. When my husband and I were married, we took pictures with both sets of my grandparents and then both sets of his grandparents. Not only were all 4 sets alive and well, but their married years added up to more than 200!


9. My grandpa's name is Foye. (Rhyme's with Roy)


10. When I picked up Daphne from preschool just now, she told me nonchalantly that "Sweetie" (the pet hamster) had nibbled on her shirt. Sure enough there was an eraser size hole, dead center, in my favorite of the 2 gymboree outfits that her grandparents bought her for her b-day. I guess when they tell you to have them wear clothes they can get dirty, they aren't jokin' around!


(for my non-blogging readers, I didn't write this for the heck of it, but because it was a challenge put up to some of us by a few of our blogging friends)

8 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow~you upped the ante and went for 10 random things! I would think that would go against the OCD trait described in #2 (which cracked my up, by the way!). I'm such a future oriented person, that by the time the movie starts playing I forget that there were even previews at all! That's impressive that you can do that.

But here's the challenge: I dare you to type your next post completely with your toes!! You can write about your favorite shoes or the last time you got a pedicure!

I love the baptism story~super neat!

I think you are just about the cutest person ever!

Julie said...

Hey, Steph!

Those hamsters... they can sure be pests! One of ours got out of his cage and tried to escape. Luckily the door was CLOSED, but Charles proceeded to trim the carpet all along the doorway. I was glad to see both hamsters kick the bucket!

Love the pic of Daphne. She has the most gorgeous hair EVER!

LizzyG said...

I'm so glad that you did this too. I always feel so egocentric writing about myself, but when others do it too, I don't feel so bad! And Stefanie, I do have a softer side, I hope I didn't scare you away :)

I loved your random list, especially your baptism story. And I can completely identify with #4. I was diagnosed with endometriosis in high school, which caused very painful cramping, nausea, and even fainting. I know the feeling of having to lay down, anywhere, due to bad cramps.

I hope our coffee night will actually happen. I would love to meet you, and I promise not to bring dog-meatballs and make us all watch war movies. I'll be good.

Stefanie said...

Liz - You by no way scared me away! I was more impressed than anything.

Sharon - I didn't mean to do be an over-achiever with 10 rather than 8, I just didn't pay close attention to the rules:) Oh, well, I couldn't take any of them back - it was too fun.

And Julie - Daphne may be banned from Hamster holding, except on WalMart clothing days:) I'm glad yours kicked the bucket too - ha!

Lindsay said...

**loving this "random" post!!

**loving the comments!!(too funny)

**loving that these blogs connect people who may never have met (seriously... what did women on the Oregon Trail do??) and make us smile!

I'm with Sharon - double-dog dare ya' to type your next post with your toes!

Angela said...

This make me smile!

Anonymous said...

Your baptism story is so sweet.

And what a legacy for you to at your wedding to have all your grandparents there and to be there to witness the start of your life together. Not many people can boast of that. That's amazing!

Rachel said...

I linked to you from Becca's blog. I love your random things.
Unfortunately I can relate to horrible, curling into a fetal position cramps!
And I can relate to the Gymboree story. I paid probably a little too much for this adorable summer Gymboree outfit for my daughter, only to have her "accidentally" cut an unfixable hole in it with scissors. I've never bought her full price Gymboree again!!