A Mayflower's Musings

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

New Raincoat






Right now Daphne is on her way to the pumpkin patch with her Grandpa Mike....




It was pouring down rain this am, and I realized that she didn't have a raincoat for her BIG fieldtrip this afternoon. So, I took the girls around town, looking to buy one. NO ONE had any. We live in a small town, but I was surprised that the local Penny's, Wal Mart and Wilco, didn't have a one. But then, I remembered that a really fun gift store in town, had some higher-end children's clothes and I even recalled seeing some very sweet raincoats and boots there this summer.




So long, story short, Daphne now owns a 40 dollar raincoat/hat combo. I was secretly happy that this really was my only option, because it justified this "OUCH" purchase and I do ADORE the coat!




I am sad to say, that Grandpa thought it would be too hard to take the camera along to the patch- I don't blame him. But these are all the pics I got of our girl on her VERY FIRST FIELDTRIP.




7 comments:

Julie said...

Very, very cute! What does it say all around the bottom of the jacket? It's very cute! Our rain jacket has Ariel on it... not quite as sweet as Daphne's!

We do need to get together sometime!

Sharon said...

She is all set for a monsoon AND a snow storm now(from yesterday's post)! That set is adorable! Sometimes you gotta do watcha gotta do! Fellow moms understand that! : )

Glory Laine said...

I know where you got them and I am so glad the other stores failed you. She looks like she is "Singing in the Rain" in the first picture.
PS You should ask for a small purse camera for Christmas. I use mine all the time. I know you would too.

Angela said...

Very cute!
You are so good at taking pictures.

February Jill said...

I LOVE that store! Don't you just love it when you have to find something right now? It can make for some of the best purchases!

LizzyG said...

That first picture of your little Daphne is A-dorable! And I had to chuckle when I read the last part about grandpa not being able to take the camera. My husband took Olivia to the park the other day, and I tried to coax him into taking the camera too. His response: "I'm not your blog page photojournalist"
Hey, we blogger girls need our pictures. Can you blame us for trying?

Hosmerita said...

Love Love Love the raincoat!
What store did you get it at? Just in case I have a clothes emergency, Ava might need a jacket.

I loved your comment on Leslie's blog. We all should get together outside of blogland. Sorry I have been a lurker, I know Miss Becca, and found you there.