A Mayflower's Musings

Saturday, October 27, 2007

The best kind of farm...

Mike and I lived on 5 acres for 4 years and I love lots of things about living out in the country. I especially loved it during the fall, when it was still mostly sunny and the trees and crop life are so abundantly voicing God's presence in creation. We moved into town a year ago, though, and I am now very thankful and never take for granted the luxury of living 2 minutes from my gym, Wal Mart, our grocery store, church etc. It is very agreeable with life at home with little kids.


Right now, when I need my "Green Acres" fix, I can visit Mike's parents, who live on 85 acres and have horses, chickens, 7 baby chicks (that just hatched), ducks, dogs, a cat, a pug and lots of farm toys, like "Rambo", the four-wheeler, "Cubby 1" and "Cubby 2", the antique red tractors, Donny, the John Deere tractor, and the list goes on and on... Mike Sr. names everything and we all get suckered in to eventually calling them those things too.


This is a taste of what my girls and our yellow lab, Gus, get to experience each time they visit Grandma and Grandpa's farm!
We could never keep up with the maintenance of this farm - but we still get to enjoy it often! Thanks Grandpa and Grandma:)













Special Note - My assistant and I are working behind the scenes to make my promise of a blog gathering happen soon. I won't let you down, please stay posted if you read Home Is Where The Ranch Is, and know of what I am referring:)

13 comments:

Julie said...

Those pictures are so great... I just can't get over how Maisie looks like Mike, and Daphne looks like you...the new baby girl is sure to be adorable :)

Chickens, ducks, dogs ... looks like fun! I'll bet the girls just have a ball over there!

I'm so excited that you won the blontest over on "The Ranch"... I put in a vote for you!! YEA! We're going to have FUN :)

Glory Laine said...

So glad again that you did this post. I'll bet it looks great right about now. It really is the perfect place to have them run around and explore.

momaof4 said...

What fun. Darren's parents live on 5 acres and someday we would love that. But right now we are in town on a creek....whick works for us.

I love the purse on the tractor look!!!

February Jill said...

I like how you distinguish pug from just a dog. Winston is in a class of his own!

Happy McNally Mom said...

How awesome for your kids to grow up visiting their grandparents farm? These are great pictures. I'm so glad you won the starbucks card now I can see you and we can compare bellies. (hee,hee)

Angela said...

What a great place for your kiddos to go. Those pictures are great! Love seeing your happy faces!!!

LizzyG said...

Your girls are so adorable!

What great memories they're going to have of vistiting Grandma and Grandpa's. And you look great! You don't even look pregnant.

Glory Laine said...

Liz won the comment of the day on this post! I also wanted to add that I think this is the best kind of farm because we don't have to do the up keep of the farm, just enjoy (and make sure the kids wash up after hunting for eggs)

Sharon said...

I haven't been to the Riddle Farm in awhile. It's so great to see these pictures~I just love it there! Your kids are just too darn cute!

I'm really looking forward to the blog party! Your assistant told me the tentative date and I really hope it works out! I can't wait to hang out with everyone! Great idea, Stef!

Stefanie said...

Glory Laine,

Which part of Liz's comment are you referring to? I will take the "you don't even look pregnant" part as winning! Of course, the tractor is hiding my belly and legs and she has never met me unpregnant...I'll still take it!
Especially since someone in my gym class last week asked me if I was carrying twins!! I didn't take that too well:) Ha!

Anonymous said...

Hey Stef,
Can't wait to hear more about the blog party! We won't allow you to buy all of our drinks by the way. You won the $10 card, and we will all buy our own drinks.

As for the farm, I haven't been there, but Jason has told me tons about it. We're going to go the next time the horses need horseshoes and I can't wait to visit.

These are precious memories for your family.

Lizzy G is right-you don't look pregnant!

Rachel said...

What a great time for your kids to have spending time out at Grandma & Grandpa's farm! Hoorah for the great fall weather!!!
And, can I just say that no tractor riding is complete without red polka dot rain boots, and a matching water proof purse (and don't forget the wild flowers)!!!
Your girls are adorable!!!

Alida said...

I love the pictures!! When I was a child I was always playing with farm set, and my dad would tease me about marrying a farmer.

Well, we live in town, but every now and then we toy with the idea of a small farm.

Seems wonderful