A Mayflower's Musings

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Souvenirs from Quebec

My husband's not dumb....he came home from his Quebec trip, bearing gifts!!! That alone didn't quite refresh all my batteries, after being a single mom for 5 full days...but it sure helped:)

The girls got the cutest wool animal hats and he picked out a beautiful wool sweater for me. Here's the girls' hat "photo shoot"!









They are even cuter in person!!

I didn't take a pic of me in my sweater, because a bulky wool, NON MATERNITY style pullover, just wasn't that cute on me...but next winter it will be perfect.

I said earlier that the gifts were so sweet and helped with my tiredness...well, this weekend he let me get out to play a lot. On Saturday, Mike single handedly, watched my girls and my sister-in-law, Becca's 3 kids, so that we could go up to the mall for a couple hours. It was a delightful outing, as we strolled through Pottery Barn Kids, lattes in one hand and "registering gun" in the other. Then today, after church, I took off and went on more errands, sin kids, and spent over an hour in Michaels. Now I continue my "me-time", hiding in the den, while he plays referree to our quarreling girls.

I'm so blessed to have a husband that believes in time for me, as much as time for him!



7 comments:

Angela said...

What a good hubby and such cute hats!
I hope you are having a great weekend!

Julie said...

Wow! I hope that you had a great time at the mall, and also at Michael's. I love that store!

Those hats really are TOO cute! But not as cute as the little faces peeking from underneath them :)

Glory Laine said...

He really is a saint! I really need the break and the Stef-time was needed too. I loved juggling both our hot coffee cups while I bullied you into registering for everything under the sun (over priced or not.) The only thing that was hard about it was getting my sweet caramel latte mixed up with your pumpkin spice every few sips. And really that wasn't too hard.

Anonymous said...

What a fun day for you! I'm so glad you have such a caring and helpful husband, that lightens the load so much after spending the days with the little gals, huh?

The hats are too cute! I love those.

Sharon said...

Oh my goodness! Those are the cutest hats ever! You'll have to find tons of excuses to go out into the cold this winter just so that you can have them wear those all the time! Way to go, Mike!!

LizzyG said...

Your husband deserves a medal of honor! But it sounds like you do too. I bet you're glad he's home. And it sounds like you have had some wonderful "me-time"
Good for you!

Lindsay said...

Not every girl could pull off looking so cute in a hat - but yours definitely do!! :)