A Mayflower's Musings

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Lunch with Ruby comes with guidelines

Yesterday eve,  Ruby,  who was having a rough time,  goes "can you come have lunch with me tomorrow?"


I say sure!

She goes,  "can you not go to the gym?"

I'm thinking what is this little one getting at...

"Do you not want me to come in my gym clothes?"  

"No,  and I want you to straighten your hair."

So,  not willing to give up my favorite class today,  this am I told her I can surely have lunch with her,  but I will be in workout clothes most likely.  But if she wants I can come tomorrow and I won't be in gym clothes.  Hair straightened -  the whole works...

Without missing a beat she says "come tomorrow!!!!"

Really people -  how bad do I look in my gym clothes.  I guess my appearance matters a lot to my girls.

It's very interesting ....


My little diva!  I wish you could see how hard I work in the gym so occasionally I can get dressed up and look good and feeeeeel good!  Tomorrow I'll rock that cafeteria!



2 comments:

Dan and Charity Smith said...

Haha! Diva for sure ;)

Sara said...

Proud of you, Stef! One day, she'll get it. Btw, I pull this with my boys & they're getting to that age where they're easily embarrassed. There's a part in one of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books when Greg's mom comes to deliver his lunch in her gym clothes & of course he's sitting by his crush. It's a goody, so now I threaten to "pull a wimpy kid" on them and we both get a good laugh. :)