A Mayflower's Musings

Friday, September 25, 2015

Happy 65th birthday mama...

Happy Birthday Mommy---



Trusting God that He knew what he was doing when he took away these things from your future,  but because candles are wishes and wishes are dreams,  here are what I had wished for you:

1) a big retirement party,  where all your old students came and many other respected educators cheered your career-  because in a season you were the best teacher in Newberg!

2) your first trip to Hawaii, Europe,  and wherever your heart wanted to travel.

3) Rainy days where all you had to do was snuggle up and read one of your beloved books or Bible by a fire eating caramels and sipping coffee!

4)  beach trips with your sisters...

5) days where you came and watched Henry so I could volunteer in the kids classrooms and your help on days like today when I have to clean my house for Maisies party...

6) cheering on max in his amazing football Saturday's 

7). Listening to Cole  play the piano -he's amazing mama!

And more and more days with your quick wit,  funny jokes and selfishly, your servant heart that saved me a million times from the hard days of mommyhood!


All my love, just rest and eat cookies and candy...we are making you a cake today! 

Stefaroonie a loonie toonie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I sat and cried when I read this post. My sweet sister is so much more that a sister to me, throughout my life she has been my mom, adviser, speech teacher, wardrobe lender, beach comber, wine sharer, hair dyer, book lender, kid watcher, nit picker, co-worker, committee member, prayer partner but above all one of my best FRIENDS! I love the legacy she has provided with family, school and church. I love you sis!

Stefanie said...

Thank you AK!!! This means the world💛