A Mayflower's Musings

Monday, September 21, 2015

Dear Kelley....


Last night at a prayer gathering in town, for a dear woman in our community,  I almost got up the courage to take the mic and share.  The tears were flowing and my voice wasn't able.  So I vowed right then and there I'd write instead.  It goes like this.

Around eight years ago,  I had a four year old,  a two year old and was very pregnant with my 3rd baby.  Mike was working a lot of hours and I found myself tired and craving---NO, needing, some alone time.  So I did some asking around about young girls who would be able to babysit once a week for just a few hours.

Someone said,  call Kelley Humlie.  So I did and she said that her then 14 year old was indeed very busy with sports,  music and her first year of high school,  but she really would like her to get some experience caring for children.  Kelley said she believed this would be valuable for her girl,  sweet Bethany!

And so began our relationship with the Humlies. Bethany babysat for us a lot those high school years.  We adored her and her family!    Since then our paths have been intertwined...All the Humlie kids and even some of their dear friends have taken turns being in our home,  caring for our babies.  We've  been at the weddings and have partaken in their music lessons as well.  

There isn't much I wouldn't do for this family.  They are all so special to me!  And it all started with another mom,  letting her little girl come into my home to serve.

Not at all a coincidence that I use this word.  Because the Humlies are all servants.  My prayer is that they allow us to serve them mightily through this tough season -  Kelley may you feel peace and love!  

From Me to You ---  you make me want to be a better mom!!!!

Love Stefanie 


No comments: