A Mayflower's Musings

Friday, May 22, 2009

Last, But Not Least















It just so happened that there were a lot of "blog moments" at our house this week. First, Ruby's bad cold, then Daphne's cute musings, and finally a spontaneous zoo trip. Now, I could take many angles in writing about the zoo experience. But for sake of my dishes piled up and a cousin Jill on her way to visit - I better take the fast route. Maybe if I am good, you will still get the jist (sp?) of this memorable day.


Demanding piggy tails in Maisie's hair. Cost - Many more gray, make that white hairs for mom.

McDonalds lunch on the way to the zoo. Cost - 10.00

Zoo tickets/parking. Cost - 25.00

Double Stroller Rental, because on arrival to zoo, Maisie noticed we left the front wheel on OUR double stroller at home. Cost - 9.00


One stuffed dog. Cost for Daphne - 7.00 of quarters and dimes out of piggy bank toted along.


Cotton Candy - Cost - 3.00 (worth it!)


Two kid sized Burgerville milkshakes and one fry on drive home - 5.00


Wonderful, exhausting memories made and trick for parenting Maisie learned - PRICELESS

(Parenting Lesson being, just put a certain 3 year old in piggy tails and all her tricks just slide off my back a little easier, because of the "cute factor". Seriously, for the first time in a long time she was my easiest child...Daphne didn't want to walk, Ruby didn't want to ride, and Maisie was content to ride, walk, and loved the animals the most!)








8 comments:

Rachel said...

I love it when the cute factor kicks in. It really does work to make things easier! As always, you are such a great mom!

Glory Laine said...

Maisie hasn't won the Superstar Award in a long time. Good for her!

Stacey said...

What did you spike her cotton candy with? Is it pink because it's soaked in Benadryl? Good for you!

Growing Good Golfers said...

The zoo can be a great but exhausting experience! I'm impressed you went with 3 kids. And, I'm looking forward to being able to do ponytails!

February Jill said...

I'm still impressed that you took on the drive, the zoo and 3 kiddos all by yourself!

These are the things that might make us moms crazy, but they are the stuff of great childhood memories for the kids!

momaof4 said...

Isn't funny, the ones you count on being good...aren't and the one you think is going to be the issue, is the best!!! I can never figure it out.

What a great day for the zoo! And you alway's have to stop and get a milkshake ;0

I am glad you are all feeling better. And I love that Daphne is so intune to what she is feeling and struggling about. And I still get jealous when others get to do stuff I don't!!!

KLB said...

I love the Zoo! I think I am going for my birthday! And of course hit burgerville on the way up and back he he he

I am so glad it was fun for you all.

Angela said...

Very cute post! I can't wait to take the boys to the zoo this summer. Have a great weekend!