A Mayflower's Musings

Thursday, April 2, 2020

Easter Candy

I keep going back to the displays of Easter candy when I venture to the store.  Maybe because it’s pretty and comforting in more ways than one.  And I bring some home and we eat it all and the girls even ask me not to buy anymore but eventually I throw some in the cart again.  Oh there’s always a rule I like 1-3 snack size candies a day...but who’s is kidding who?!  Me that’s
who!!  

Like tonight.  I couldn’t wait for the kids to finally go to bed!  I’m so lucky too, cuz my kids are in bed-  even now during this pandemic-  by 10.  It’s just us-  we are not night owls - even on vacations and weekends... 

I’d usually be in bed -  actually asleep by 10pm too but the last two nights I’ve found myself sitting on the couch with Tate.  Oh yeah- we only have one couch.  I sold the other pieces of furniture before this hit.  So we have three spots to sit in the living room...  and by that I mean if the kids are super close together spots! 

So back to the couch.  Now it’s my first time to sit down all day on the ONE couch. And eat candy.  So the kids don’t see me ignore the rule. Oh and the quiet...the quiet is healing.

It hit me tonight, this is reminiscent of when they were toddlers.  I’d stay up really late to catch up on chores that I couldn’t get to during the day AND for that first breath of aloneness.  I find myself in that position again now.  I’m super tired but I’ll force myself to keep going just to wipe down a counter, fold a load, cram some candy in my face and to hear myself breath.

Ahhhhh. This is an interesting time.  I want to remember it.  Because I think it’s changing all of us.  I think we will look back and see the good in this.  I hope so.


By Ruby today


Gonna get that egg bake out of the oven now... toss these wrappers... and go to sleep.  Tomorrow’s another day.  Thank goodness tomorrow Friday!! 

🤍me

No comments: