A Mayflower's Musings

Thursday, October 7, 2010

When it rains it pours!

If you blog long enough you start to doubt your titles, because you're pretty sure you probably used certain ones before. I think I have used that title before, but it fits, so I'll use it again!

Mike and I have had a * %&$#&#& week. It's a hard time to own your own business. Actually it's a hard time for most people.

Today when Daphne reported that our garage ceiling was leaking (again) I thought of the phrase, "When it rains it pours". Mostly because it looked like it was raining in my garage.

We thought we had fixed this issue. And I had been without my wonderful washer and dryers upstairs for over a year up until recently. Right before school started Mike had given me the green light to go ahead and start using them again because we had done all the handiwork to make it possible. I've been on a laundry cloud nine - actually keeping up with all the washing! In my closet, it's been so convenient - kids take clothes off to get in master bath - in go clothes, need to get up early and do some folding and putting away - I just go in my closet and don't wake anyone up, and they have timers on them which are ideal.

This afternoon's waterfalls in garage were evidence that the mystery problem has returned in full force and I am back to doing laundry in the gross garage.

Tonight we are having pizza!

5 comments:

Glory Laine said...

No Way! I am so sorry Stef! Pizza for shizzel!

Rachel said...

Now that is no fun! When our upstairs washer leaked in our townhouse...it "rained" in the kitchen!!! Hopefully things get fixed soon!!!

Lynn said...

Oh NOOOOOOOOOOO! I am so sorry! ope it is a easy fix! HUGS!

Anonymous said...

That stinks!! I'm so with you on the tough time to be a business owner. Big hug to you my friend. I have been reminded many times that God is with me and he sees me and He won't let me down, I hope you are sensing His presence too. And as for the laundry troubles......how lame is that? Enjoy your pizza night

crystalkupper said...

Pizza nights are needed every once in a while. Go ahead and enjoy, and may the fix be quick and cheap!