A Mayflower's Musings

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Loving these fall days...






This was the craft we did at Connections (mom's group) last week. I think it turned out pretty cute:). These pictures may not quite compare to the ones that Martha Stewart's staff displayed on their website, but I know the ladies enjoyed making them. Since my neighbors attend there are three hanging up in a row on our street!

It's amazing to me the stories I have behind each mom's group. This little feeder meant 18 pumpkins on the Winco check-out counter, a broken bird seed bag that poured over my floor, a carving party with my neighbor girl friends, and a little dose of sleep deprivation turned emotional wreck on Friday. This post makes it all worth it to me!!

Daphne and I had a lunch date on Monday after a trip to the doctor for a wart treatment. Sounds like we will have to return multiple times unless we are really lucky. Daph was so cute. She was enjoying her restaurant size cheeseburger and fries and said, "it is just so hard to stop eating when it is soooo good"..."at McDonalds it's much easier because the hamburgers are so small that I don't have to worry about getting too stuffed". Oh man - she is my child!

Hope this finds you all enjoying fall too!

4 comments:

crystalkupper said...

We made simmering potpourri today at MOPS! A craft so easy I could actually do it. :-) The pumpkin feeder looks great!

Rachel said...

It's worth having warts if you get to have a fancy girls lunch!
Also that pumpkin craft is FABULOUS!!! I have to have one!!!
(Even if I don't have a place to put it)

Lynn said...

I LOVE that bird feeder, so bumed I could not make it!

Sara said...

Cute, cute, cute! Thanks for sharing your crafty ideas, Stef!