A Mayflower's Musings

Monday, October 25, 2010

Time Keeps Going By...






It's almost Halloween here. We carved our pumpkins yesterday. It was a day that reminded me of many that we spent together on Pinehurst Street and Laurel Drive. In fact it was the type of weekend you would have loved.

I was sick so we stayed very close to home. We watched movies and ate comfort foods. It rained hard outside and we hunkered down enjoying each others' company inside. The pumpkin carving festivity ended the weekend. It was the first time Mike actually got involved. I kinda thought he would help the kiddos, but he ended up getting completely enthralled in his own craftsmanship. All of the pumpkins turned out neat this year ~ especially Mike's.

I dreamed about you last night. I can't remember what it was, but it was something about you dying and your services - all the family etc. Sometimes I miss you so much and it feels very surreal that you aren't around to call or visit when I think of you. We're making plans to take the kids to G and G's on Friday - the annual costume show-off. When I realize again that you won't be there to see the kids and enjoy their funny personalities I get especially sad and emotional.

I get pretty mad too that you had to leave us all so early before we were ready to say goodbye. God told me one night in the grips of my crying out to Him for answers, that you were ready. I have to hold on to that in these moments. I hope He meant that you weren't only ready to be done with all the suffering, but that you were ready to be called home to Him.

We all miss you Dad!

3 comments:

crystalkupper said...

I love how concentrated Mike looks!

Rachel said...

I'm so sorry you are missing your dad! I hope it gets better for you.
I love the pumpkins...you did a great job!

Rachel said...

I don't have your email...but I just gave you an award on my blog!