A Mayflower's Musings

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

This Special Guy in My Life

There's this special guy in my life, who never ceases to amaze me.

I could write a lot about him here. But I have limited time today for "fun" stuff and a to-do list that beckons. Still I feel led to share this story.

During the storm, "this guy"(Mike) and I had a few early morning moments with our devotions. He's so disciplined at this and I am not. BUT, a message at church provided us with a list of scripture all focusing on Mary, and I decided to investigate them all before Christmas, to prepare my heart in the BEST way known - through God's word.

So the first morning I surprised Mike by joining him during his devotion time, I noticed that he was taking turns reading two books - "Dreaming With God" and "Next Generation Leader". So I said, "So you aren't reading your Bible?" And he said, "NOPE, I finished it".

Now, if you know my husband, he is always joking and trying to be funny. So for a second, I thought he was doing just that. But then I realized, that NO, he was completely serious. He read the entire Bible.

And he went on to say that he is going to read it again, but this time in a different sequence.

Amazed - in awe - inspiring...

A few years ago he would barely read an occasional cowboy novel. I'm so proud!

6 comments:

Glory Laine said...

Bible shmyble...... you're getting up at five with him! Miraculous!

February Jill said...

I think that's pretty cool Stef. Not that many guys these days are sincere about being a real spiritual leader and putting in the work to learn more everyday. Good for him!

Candi said...

I'm very proud of MY nephew. I always liked that guy! Seriously though, he is making the wisest choice he could possible make. He'll be a good leader, father, and husband with God's help day by day.

Grateful Disciple said...

You are a lucky woman! And what a great idea to use the Mary scriptures before Christmas. Hope your holiday was wonderful - Are we on for working out on Monday? I am ready!

Angela said...

That is so great!
Happy New Year!

Tara said...

I am so proud of him. I appreciate his leadership in the Lord and his dedication to growing in Him. I see a different Mike before me than I did a few years back. What a blessing. The Lord is good, isn't he? Happy New Year. I love you both!