A Mayflower's Musings

Sunday, January 4, 2009

My Baby

I've been wondering if I didn't acknowledge it to myself or anyone in my regular methods - fanfare, tears, reflections, pictures etc - maybe it wouldn't really happen. But alas, I think it has happened.

My baby turned one. And it feels different with this one. I'm not tired of breastfeeding her, I'm not anxious to get pregnant again, and I definitely don't care about milestones. Walking, shmalking...she can crawl for as long as she likes and say Hi Hi Hi as her only word too, because she's so stinkin' cute.

We ALL adore her, especially her two year old cousins, Phoebe and Emmy, who think she is their own little baby.

So, all in all, at this point in her life, she is still perfect in all ways. I love you little Ruby Garland.

(note to observant observers - Maisie gave Rubes her first hair cut, so I evened it out and gave Ruby bangs - a little sad about it)








13 comments:

crystalkupper said...

I like the bangs! Happy Birthday Ruby!

Our great adventure said...

no way!!! I can't believe she's one already!!! Wow time flies! Happy b-day Ruby girl!

Glory Laine said...

Don't tell Maisie, But I love her bangs!

Unknown said...

1 already? Wow, I really can't believe it. I think I first read your blog when she was born, a year has gone so fast. She is so adorable, loving the pig tails and the bangs are awful cute too! I did laugh a little about Maisie cutting her hair, but I'm sure you didn't think it was funny AT ALL!

Stacey said...

She is adorable, Stef. I know I'm echoing the others but it truly is unbelievable that she's already 1. Happy Birthday, Ruby!

Candi said...

I had to laugh at the bang-cutting story. It's a classic Maisie! You fixed Ruby up real good though - she looks so cute in her birthday pictures. Happy birthday little Ruby! Love you.

Candi said...

I had to laugh at the bang-cutting story. It's a classic Maisie! You fixed Ruby up real good though - she looks so cute in her birthday pictures. Happy birthday little Ruby! Love you.

Happy McNally Mom said...

Oh my, can these little ones already be 1. I don't know about you, but this year has gone by way to fast. Here's to another great year. Happy Birthday Ruby.

Growing Good Golfers said...

She looks so old with the bangs-Happy 1st Birthday!

February Jill said...

She is just so purty. I think the cool thing about you guys having 3 girls is that you get to see so many different ways your looks combine to make pretty little things! Ruby does look the most like you though.

I am now wondering if we always said Daphne favored you because of her hair because in comparison to Ruby, she looks more like Mike.

You have such a house full of beauty. Jill

KLB said...

I love her bangs too! I recently went through the first birthday too. Its so hard to see their baby-ish ways dissapear. I am so ready for another! he he

Angela said...

Happy belated birthday sweet girl!!!

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh I am so late...but Happy Birthday to sweet little Ruby! She seriously can not already be one. It goes by too fast!