A Mayflower's Musings

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Plus Two For Two Days













This week my niece and nephew, 27 months, came to stay for two days, while their mommy attended to their daddy, who was in the hospital recuperating from surgery.

We had a lot of fun, some of which was captured in the above pictures. Jabe and Phoebe had their first bowls of cereal WITH milk...we went for a little walk in the field nearby, and I had enough 2T matching shirts for a photo shoot with them.

I had a scary thought while taking care of them on our little walk. Somewhere out there, there is probably a mother who actually has a 5, 3, twin 2 yr olds, and an infant. Here I was feeling great about staying in for two days and just being a diaper changing, kid feeding, nap controlling, bath giving and not going anywhere mom/auntie helper!

I'm so glad we got to make memories and get to know them better. They are such great little kiddos ~ as sweet as their pictures, honest to goodness.

11 comments:

crystalkupper said...

Sounds like fun! I like Phoebe's grin.

Glory Laine said...

Holy moly I am so amazed by you daily. I can't believe that you so willingly took my babies. You may never know what a blessing that was for me to just be able to care for Matt. They had a great time and hardly missed me at all. Thanks for these wonderful pictures! I love them. and you!

Unknown said...

What cute pictures! You are such a good auntie to take on two more kiddos for 2 days!! They are lucky to have you. :)

I love Ruby's hair in the new top picture, it reminds me so much of Diego's...constant bedhead!!! LOL! SO ADORABLE!

Angela said...

You are such an awesome sister n law!!! What a BLESSING you are!!!

Stacey said...

You are a super woman/auntie, Stef!

Ty and Molly said...

Wow...I am so impressed somedays I feel overwhelmed with one baby. We would love for you guys to come and meet Maya. Just let me know when you are available and we can work out the details.

Happy McNally Mom said...

Good job Auntie!!! It looks like you guys had alot of fun.

Sharon said...

Wow!!! Way to go! So sweet of you to help them out!

Ona said...

Great Auntie you are!

Hosmerita said...

Thank you so much for your comment! I would love to give you more information on my diet. Honestly, I need to start again. I completely fell off the wagon, COMPLETELY!!!!

Hmmmm, how can I get your e-mail? I suppose you can ask Becca for my e-mail. Or I could just ask her tonight at Bible Study!

Maybe we can do it together! I need some accountablity!

Molly said...

I saw this post awhile back, but have slacked off on comments. With some free time, I must write and say this post warms my heart.

In fact, I love how you share family moments like this. It is such a gift to have. I'm sure all of you know it. For as wonderful as it was for Becca, I bet your rewards were even greater, although maybe you needed a nap the following day.

May God continue to bless the lives of your family as you stay close to Him.