A Mayflower's Musings

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

One Year Blogversary...

I can't believe it! One year has past since I started this blog and I even missed it by a couple of days.

Wow, time flies and so many hours have been spent on this new hobby. I am SO glad I have spent those many minutes (even if there other projects got pushed aside here and there)recording all the fun stories, pictures and reflections this past year! It was totally worth it and I look forward to continuing this pasttime.

Well, wouldn't you know my very first picture on my blog was Daphne starting preschool for the very first time. And here we are today, "going back to school" again. But this time, Daphne and Maisie went and they went to the same school. Last year was fun and memorable, but having the girls in different spots, and adding a third child to our family...well, it was a bit exhausting. I felt like I was driving around a lot - too much.

I am predicting that this year is going to be so much more simplified for me. It will definitely be the most time I have ever had to myself. I will get 4 hours, once a week, alone at home with Ruby. AND to boot, I will get a morning with just Ruby and Maisie and then another morning with just Daphne and Ruby. (did I mention that Mike is going to take them to an evening gymnastics class once a week too) I am just so blessed!

My goal this school year is to come out of what has been an occasional state of just survival in mothering and into a world of more teaching and more fun experiences with them. I am hoping there will be more breathing and savoring this year...

Today was a little scary for Daphne and I, both hoping she would be okay with the change of schools. She did great though and liked it a lot! I'm just keeping my friend's wisdom in my back pocket - she said that nothing has to be permanent. So we're hoping for a great fit for her, but if not, God will show us the way!

I really am living my dream...Thank you God!

SCREAMING NOW: MY COMPUTER HAS BEEN BROKEN FOR WEEKS...AND NOW IN THE LAST WEEK I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH SOMETHING SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH OUR 2ND COMPUTER AND IT WON'T LET ME SHOW YOU THEIR CUTE PICTURES I TOOK THIS AM....NOT EVEN A SLIDESHOW...AGAIN, SCREAMING NOW!!!

5 comments:

Ona said...

Happy blogversary and have a great school year!

Rachel said...

Happy Blogversary!! It's been great getting to know you..even it it has been just over the blogs!! Good luck with your computer!!

Sharon said...

I can just imagine how adorable your girls looked on their first day of school~dressed to the nines, hair just so, and smiles from ear to ear! Great job, Mom! I love all the different combos of duaghter time you get to have! What a blessing!!

Angela said...

Yes, Happy blogversary!!!
So glad you are a blogger so I can keep tabs on you! :)

KLB said...

I love back to school time! I swear school supplies call my name every year. I am such a dork. Just think pretty soon you and your girls will be picking out pretty lunch boxes and pencils together!