A Mayflower's Musings

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Behind the Scenes of a Five Year Old's Birthday Party...











We celebrated Daphne's five year birthday tonight, just one day shy of the real deal. Yes, our firstborn entered this world on September 7, 2003!

We took Elsa (born 8/17/03) and Tobin (born 8/27/03) along with Daphne to a yummy Italian restaurant and celebrated BIG - both in attire and food consumed:).

I got to thinking as I put these pictures up, that everyone has a "behind the scenes" story when it comes to getting ready for a birthday party. I so appreciate all the efforts our family made to make this a special night for Daphne.

To Jill and Shane who drove 2 hours to get here...

To mom for babysitting all three kids last night just cause we wanted a date, and for trying to dress up fancy tonight, despite the fact that you couldn't find any pantyhose and had to come in slacks instead:)

To Mike Sr. for sporting your tuxedo - handsome as all get out and done just for your granddaughter.

To Pam, for SLAVING over that Barbie cake - WOW - you went really worked hard on that one!!

To Becca, for arranging sitting for your little ones, and dressing up your bigger ones:), plus your beautiful self for this event!

To Sharon, who didn't even come to the party, but was at home watching the twins:)

To Matt, who didn't get to sit and relax after dinner, but worked on and fixed our computers!!

To my husband, who got up at 4:30am to prepare for a men's breakfast and then got home after lunch and started helping me.

To our babysitters who watched Ruby, Maisie and Josh back at the house during our dinner out.

Lastly, a little pat on the back for me - I dauned a form fitting dress (that I haven't worn for 9 years) at Daphne's request...because it is very sparkly. I know for a fact it looked a lot better 9 years ago, but tonight none of that mattered.


Since becoming a mom, I am getting so much more conscious of other people's lives. I sure appreciate everyone's hardwork to pull this one off.

15 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow! That is just awesome!! What a fun idea~and everyone looks like a million bucks! It looks like Daphne had the time of her life! And I love all your shout-outs. Life is better in relationship, isn't it?

PS and this post was worth all three hours! : )

Rachel said...

What a great birthday party. It looks like she had a wonderful time! And I love the cake!!

Angela said...

What a great POST!!!

Looks like a blast!!!

momaof4 said...

What FUN!!! Such a great idea. Everyone looks lovely. and what a special reason to dress up!!

Stacey said...

From what I can see you look fabulous in your form-fitting dress. Good for you! You're a hot mama of 3!

Unknown said...

Wow, what a fun idea to go to a fancy resteraunt! You look great in your sparkly dress!

Our great adventure said...

Stef! You look so good! And what a fun idea I am tucking it away for when gracie is older! Hey, off the topic question, do you know why I can't make my pictures be centered and bigger on my blog like everyones else? Do you do something special for that? Thanks :)

crystalkupper said...

Well I think you rocked the sparkly dress! Happy birthday to Daphne!

Ona said...

You all look smashing! You sure go all out...fun!

Our great adventure said...

ok, I don't have those options, I wonder if it is my computer. Do you have a special blog layout? I will call you and give you my password because If you think you can figure it out because I can never make my blog pretty!

February Jill said...

It sure was a fun night! Thanks for a fun dinner.
When I look at pictures of those three I think about our first pregnancies together and all the planning and dreaming we did. These 5 year old sure are turning out well, and good lookin' too!

Jill

Growing Good Golfers said...

What a fun night. And you looked wonderful!

Tara said...

Cute Stef! I want to be your daughter! What a great party! You are such a great party planner!

Molly said...

What a fun time of celebration. Everyone looks great. The happiest part for me...is the fact that your sweet Daphne belongs to such a loving family. She is being raised in an enviorment that will cause her to thrive. Melts my heart. Keep pouring goodness and showering love. We can't over do love.

Anonymous said...

Oh Stef, you always look so cute. I can't believe Daphne's 5!