A Mayflower's Musings

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Shoe Fairy




A friend and I were shopping the other day and laughing at the absurdity of little girls and their shoes. I had just purchased the cream colored dresses for the girls that I showed on my blog awhile back. I realized soon after that I wasn't sure I had the right shoes for them. In reviewing what they did have already, this is what I came up with:

Casual black dress shoes
Fancy black dress shoes
White strappy sandals
Tennis Shoes
Crocks
Rubber boots
Fashionable boots

What in the world?!

Fortunately, we have a shoe fairy in the family. She wears a dainty size 7 herself, loves to shop, and has years of pent up shopping frustration in her, due to the fact that she raised two boys. So, who makes the above shoe wardrobe possible? None other, than Mrs. Pam Riddle...and she does it with great satisfaction both when she notices a need, and more often just for fun!

Last weekend, not only did she OFFER to take my very spirited two year old for the day, but Maisie came home with a new pair of shoes for herself and for Daphne. She didn't even know, but I was so wanting them to own another pair of "salt waters" for this summer. They are a favorite of mine.

So, once again...thank you Pam. You save my pocket book and ensure granddaughters dressed cute all the way down to their toes. Your generosity NEVER goes unnoticed and will never be taken for granted. Love you!

8 comments:

Angela said...

This cracks me up because when we were in Hawaii Pam was so excited about all the Crocs!
She is awesome!

Sarri said...

Aw! I love saltwaters- a true classic! Aren't Grandma's the best? My mom took Carter (my 'spirited' 2 year old) shoe shopping last week, and he came home with 3 pairs of sandals!! Oh my!

crystalkupper said...

I have yet to find a pair of sandals that Jack will keep on his feet....

momaof4 said...

Renae has more shoes then all of us together!! My neice passes down hers and Renae wants to wear them righ away. Girls!!! To fun though!!!!!

February Jill said...

How fun! I had a shoe fairy visit me recently too, maybe I should do a post!

Unknown said...

You are so lucky to have Pam, and both you and Becca are always thanking her and saying how wonderful she is!! She's lucky to have such wonderful daughter in laws like you two!

LizzyG said...

Hi Stefanie! Thanks for the comment. It's nice to know someone will still stop by my blog even though I haven't posted in over a month.

I just got caught up on all your posts I've missed. Your girls are so very cute. I love their new haircuts, and I love the picture of you and Ruby at the park...you're such a good mom.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Stef,
I love it that we wore these sandals all the way through high school. I'm not sure if that was an appropriate fashion statement or not... :) Jamie